Page 1 of 9
For the past 4 days, there's been noises at between 2-3am in the morning downstairs in my house, I've been woken up by them but cast them away as an over-reaction. Tonight, however, I decided to stay up and see what it was. It's a guy (quite tall, wearing a hat, is all I could get through the privacy glass) trying to get into my house!

About ten minutes ago (about 2.35am) I was chilling on the laptop in my room, girlfriend sleeping next to me, when I heard what was distinctly the rattle of the outside door handle of my front door. I grabbed a golf club from the cupboard and went downstairs and seen this shadowy figure standing and trying my door. I flipped the light on, heard him make a little alerted noise and then ran off, leaving the gate open.

This is pretty messed up =| When I first heard the noises a few days ago, I thought it was just the cats pissing about, but now that I think back, the noises and times add up.

I'm not sure whether to call the police or not, but it's a pretty surreal thing to think that if he was justa thief, he'd try the same door on consecutive nights and not bother with any other break in method.

What do, pit?
Maybe he his OCD is so bad that he has to check if other peoples' doors are locked?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Looks like you need to up and move to 'Bama and become a crayfish fisherman.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
gold club? get a frkin knife, wait you dont live in Texas. To answer your question get a alarm system or cameras
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
Sit there in front of the door playing Johnny Cash with a shotgun loaded with rocksalt.
call police. they exist for a reason.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by Piscasis
>_>
<_<

It was phone.

Please, please stop trying to be funny.
-

Open the door and ask him what he wants. Or you can set a traap to capture him and find out what he wants.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Last edited by TheHobbit at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by TheHobbit
Open the door and ask him what he wants?

Yes, that's the thing to do. I'll open my door to a guy who's up at 3 in the morning trying to open my door, instead of knocking, and get the banter with him.
Quote by thenextkirk92
Fap on the door handle before going to bed. He won't try it again.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
does he play with the door knob for a while? or just wiggle it once then go away? maybe open the door next time, have a gun by your side (make sure its visible to man-in-hat), and casually say, "can i help you". then post pics....
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by Mudmen190
Sit there in front of the door playing Johnny Cash with a shotgun loaded with rocksalt.

This. Just watch for deadly snakes.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
see if he tries again, if he does. go to the police station and tell them and set him up so when he returns again you will have police there
my hovercraft is full of eels
this is scary and interesting. please report more as time progresses
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Sorry, I just wanted to say hi. :\

SlayingEdit:

You should seriously file a report with the police, though, if it happens again.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by Well.......
Get a camera or wait out front at night.

This is exciting...

It's probably Santa Claus. I heard he is trying new techniques to break in your house for Christmas as the old chimney technique has gone up in smoke...
This will start a RIOT! in me
I would sit downstairs with my weapon of choice in my reading chair, placed facing the front door, wearing my smoking jacket and slippers while smoking my pipe. Leave the door unlocked and wait for him. What follows can get a brutal or as kinky as you like.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
**** you guys are useless haha ( i guess that's the whole point of the pit though hey). Dude just call the cops, tell them what you just wrote and that your pretty certain this guy is either trying to rob your place or hurt you and/or your girlfriend.
Quote by Paramore.
This is exciting...

It's probably Santa Claus. I heard he is trying new techniques to break in your house for Christmas as the old chimney technique has gone up in smoke...

Being without chimneys in Florida, We are used to Santa just coming in through the front door. Don't worry TS, we've gotten to the bottom of this mystery.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Tape a sign on your door saying, "I rubbed my balls on the doorknob".
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
wait all night for him (with a weapon just to be sure) and when he comes start playing dueling banjos
Hmmm...fapping on door handle is a little nasty. but spreading a thick layer of vaseline over it will cause the same effects...
Maybe you shouldn't go to bed and see if you can stay awake near the door... if he comes back you will be ready, if he doesn't, well then you might think everything is ok. Then the next night you sleep and he tries again. This shit freaks me out.
Quote by smiidger
I never said it was fact based on evidence. There are other kinds of fact, such as Fact based on such a large number of opinions that it cannot possibly be conscidered false.
If you are strong man and can fight then I say stay up again, and wait by the door at the same time as usual, when he comes up open the door and approach him

or if you are a weak man, set up a security cam outside and record him trying to open your door for about a week then take it to the police.

Oh, and am I the only one thinking of this mystery man as if hes dressed up as Inspector Gadget?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]