I'm thinking about getting one. Anyone had any experience with this, any problems with the FR or anything else? I know the pickups are a bit muddy, but I probably would replace it.
I own several of the older Kramers. I have not played this Gibson model. But I have heard nothing but good things about it. Although some say those quad rails are a little muddy, but you already know that. Other than that I say if the price is good, get
it.

But personally for the money, I think those go for now, I would hold out and try to find a old Focus 1000 series. Like a 2000, 3000 or 6000 model.
Last edited by halo71 at Dec 23, 2009,
i never really got on with mine (some of that is doubtless personal preference though, with the neck shape etc.). the floyd still stays in tune, but isn't very responsive like a good floyd would be.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've got the 224 version. The tremolo is incredible for that price. However, it's made of a weak alloy, so the knife-edge in the Floyd gets worn out easier than an OFR and it warps easy. Other than that, an amazing guitar. I would suggest the fixed-bridge version over the FR, myself.