Ok.. I was going to put this in the Gear Buliding & Custumization thread, but there is no building or custumizing... so I figured it could go here.

I want to do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcctZRxTy-8

How does this work?

1. Does the pad work as an effect that can be bypassed? or is it always on?

2. Would I simply plug the guitar into this, and then plug the Kaoss pad into an Amp?

Notice that I don't want to do what others are doing and add a touch pad into the workings of the guitar, I simply want to do like in this video and place the unit on the guitar itself.

Any ideas/tips/input will be appreciated

God bless
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
The model that guy is using is the Korg Kaossilator, which is very different from a Kaoss Pad. While the Kaoss Pad is kind of an effects processor and a sampler, the Kaossilator is simply a synthesizer. As such, 1. No, it doesn't work like an effects unit, it only has output jacks 2. No, you would need to plug your guitar into your amp and the Kaossilator would go to a different output.

If you want crazy effects a la Muse, you would need the Kaoss Pad KP3, which itself is pretty large to be placed on your guitar and thus why people add a X-Y pad on the guitar to control the KP3. Or you can disassemble the Kaoss Pad, remove the pad and place it on your guitar and somehow wire the pad to control the main unit, but the discontinued KP2 is far better for this purpose since the pads on the KP2 and KP3 are quite different, with the KP2 being easier to work with.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Last edited by cxrlxscr at Dec 23, 2009,
I'd just buy Matt Bellamy's signature guitar. It would work so much better and sound so much better.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I'd just buy Matt Bellamy's signature guitar. It would work so much better and sound so much better.

and spend like $6000?
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by mattman93
and spend like $6000?

3000 pounds, whatever that comes out to (~$4500?)
Quote by mattman93
and spend like $6000?

Actually, it's like 8000USD.

But it's worth it. I'm considering it.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society