Page 1 of 2
I have recently decided to become a vegetarian, and I just have a few questions for the vegetarians on UG. What kind of foods should I be eating instead of meat to stay healthy? Has vegetarianism (awful spelling, w/e) affected your health in any negative ways? Generally, what kind of info should I know? Thanks
My sister is a vegetarian. She eats Tofu instead of meat. Her health seems fine. And look on the internet for tofu recipes. You'll be eating that instead of Bessy from now on. Also, depending on how hardcore veggism you go, you could eat fish. My sister does; just no red meat or poultry.

Edit: Also, there's TONS of info on the internetz on how to eat veggie only while still maintaining a balanced diet. Just do a google search. Stuff comes up quick.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 23, 2009,
i encourage everyone to become vegetarian. and the lack of meat sales will push the prices down allowing me to eat my body weight in steak. the way man was ment to eat
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
You should really check into what you should be eating to stay healthy before you become a vegetarian. That said, most people who do eat meat (in the US anyway) don't really know what they should be eating to be healthy.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
eat nuts and tofu for protein

and vegitarians are prone to iron and riboflavin deficiency so watch out for that
Go Veg.
Quote by tragorious
i encourage everyone to become vegetarian. and the lack of meat sales will push the prices down allowing me to eat my body weight in steak. the way man was ment to eat

I like the way you think.
Quote by mikeyknowsbette
i can make a lolstack!

beans, rice and lots of nuts
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by tragorious

I went into that post thinking I would hate you.. But I have realized we are both one in the same
dont be hatin me cause i love the meat haha
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
my diet does and will always consist of a 25 kg steak at every meal
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Quote by TomusAM

Mmmm are you sure?

That honestly doesn't even appeal to me. Beans and nuts are great substitutes for meat. Once you get used to it tofu is great too. I eat a lot of morning star farms stuff like the mushroom lovers veggie burgers
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
i see your vegie burger and ill raise you a big mac.
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Quote by tragorious
i see your vegie burger and ill raise you a big mac.

I ate your Big Mac and raise you a Double Whopper.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
i shit on your double whopper and raise you a triple cheeseburger
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Quote by slayer1516
I have recently decided to become a vegetarian, and I just have a few questions for the vegetarians on UG. What kind of foods should I be eating instead of meat to stay healthy? Has vegetarianism (awful spelling, w/e) affected your health in any negative ways? Generally, what kind of info should I know? Thanks

It sounds like you know nothing about being a vegetarian... way to think this through.
Quote by Nevermind1299
I went into that post thinking I would hate you.. But I have realized we are both one in the same

Exact same thing happened to me.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
your welcome brother
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Nuts, beans, soy, rice, and eggs (assuming you're not vegan) are good sources of protein. You can also get certain vegetarian food, such as veggie burgers or tofu, that is a good source of protein. I've been a vegetarian for a few years and I've never had a health concern.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Last edited by aig91 at Dec 24, 2009,
Quote by aig91
Nuts, beans, soy, rice, and eggs (assuming you're not vegan) are good sources of protein. I've been a vegetarian for a few years and I've never had a health concern.

besides the loss of testicles
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Quote by 2 15/16
That honestly doesn't even appeal to me. Beans and nuts are great substitutes for meat. Once you get used to it tofu is great too. I eat a lot of morning star farms stuff like the mushroom lovers veggie burgers

Kinda like going blind. It's not such a bad problem ya know, you get a dog and a cane, and it's not so bad.
Quote by aig91
Don't be so sure of yourself. I'm a girl, asshole.

besides the growth then eventual loss of testicles
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Quote by tragorious
besides the loss of testicles

Annie's loss is our gain. Assumptions are at times hilarious.

More nuts than soy. Nut fats are healthier than meat fats and yes we need some fat in our diets. I still prefer mine from meat though.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
this is the internet... there are no women. only men in suits waiting to pounce
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Quote by captaincrunk
No, you're thinking of your high school life.

oh i am?

man this guys good...

so what colour am i thinking of
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Quote by aig91
Nuts, beans, soy, rice, and eggs (assuming you're not vegan) are good sources of protein. You can also get certain vegetarian food, such as veggie burgers or tofu, that is a good source of protein. I've been a vegetarian for a few years and I've never had a health concern.

I agree with this post.
Quote by captaincrunk
The color stupid.

man i set you up for the call their and everything...

oh well we cant all be awsome
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Depending on what your activities are you should seriously consider pescetarian or adding grilled chicken into your diet at least. For a high school male (just from profile-creeping) involved with sports (or just very active in general) you're going to be much better off with a significant source of lean protein like that.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by captaincrunk
For every three you eat I'll plant 9 animal seeds!

Dude that conjures up images I don't want to see.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Is there any particular health reason that makes people decide to be a vegetarian, or do people just do it to be trendy? i seriously wanna know.
Quote by CaptDin
Is there any particular health reason that makes people decide to be a vegetarian, or do people just do it to be trendy? i seriously wanna know.

Meat isn't inherently unhealthy, but I'd wager that most health conscious people eat less meat than the average person.

Quote by Jackal58
Dude that conjures up images I don't want to see.

Jackal... Animal... Seed...

I want your seed Jackal58. I must plant it.
Page 1 of 2