Alright, ive been playing guitar for about 4 years now, writing for about 3. Im kinda stuck in a rut. Cant write any original riffs... Ive been attempting to write some glam rock kinda stuff just to try something different. So, i come to you guys for advice on how to get out of my rut.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
You should do what my mates Rudi van Disarzio and Spider Dijon did! To get some inspiration, they wandered the desert looking for the New Sound but where attacked by a bandit called Betamax. They defeated him, which opened their minds and helped them write the best new riffs and songs ever created! Hope this helps!
All of my original riffs just start out as a variation of a Dream Theater riff, or an Iron Maiden riff or something like that. Then I just try to expand on it a bit, change the notes, change the phrasing, and then you have a new riff.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I say just start jamming just play random notes tell you come up with something that seems like it would get the original riff you can ever get
LET IT BEGIN