Poll: Which do they like better
Poll Options
View poll results: Which do they like better
Perfection
8 23%
Imperfection
27 77%
Voters: 35.
Since I started writing again I had gotten back to the book I would call my "Twilight killer" since its basically my attempt at a better book.

Anyway, I was thinking to myself, what do girls want in a fictional character these days?

The love Edward because he is seemingly perfect, he's basically a hollow shell for them to fit their own character into by their definition of perfect. Other than that he's nobody, he just looks perfect, thats all.

The character I created is by no means perfect, but his flaws make him who he is as a person. He would not be who he is or do the things he does for the female lead if it weren't for his flaws. Other than that though he is a perfect gentlemen and a nice guy. So who wouldn't like him.

So yeah, what is more likable here in today's fictional literature. A guy who is just perfect by all means but has no central character, or a guy who has a central character but is by no means perfect, yet still extremely likable.

So which is it do you think?

edit:

this is about what they (as in girls) like more not which is better
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Last edited by RazorTheAwesome at Dec 23, 2009,
or is perfection just the imperfection of imperfection ?
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Favio
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The definition of 'perfection' is subjective, just like most things.

And anyway, where's the fun in life if you're perfect?
Quote by tragorious
or is perfection just the imperfection of imperfection ?

interesting. I'll have to remember this

edit:

Jackal its spelled Fabio
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Perfect skin, hair, balls, eyebrows, ass, back muscles, and a 10 inch dick. Girls will love him.
a vote for imperfection is a vote for john mcain
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
since its basically my attempt at a better book.

could your standards be any lower
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Perfect skin, hair, balls, eyebrows, ass, back muscles, and a 10 inch dick. Girls will love him.

done

Quote by Aerokizzombie
could your standards be any lower

actually they are pretty high for this book. I just call it that because I hate the fact that a book that honestly, a sixth grader could have written better got so damn popular.

So yeah.... I am going for an actually good story here.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
interesting. I'll have to remember this

edit:

Jackal its spelled Fabio

Ahh you're right. Damn me.
They usually has a Y at the end and a possessive form of it is it's not its. But wtf do I know. I'm not a budding author.
Sorry dude.
Just having fun. But ya I meant Fabio. Good luck with trying to figure out what prepubescent girls want. They get even harder to fathom when they get older.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
They usually has a Y at the end and a possessive form of it is it's not its. But wtf do I know. I'm not a budding author.
Sorry dude.
Just having fun. But ya I meant Fabio. Good luck with trying to figure out what prepubescent girls want. They get even harder to fathom when they get older.

I know what prepubescent girls want
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
i didnt like enough before but now that i know your writing a book.....
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
characters need to be human, one of the reasons twilight is utter shit is because edward is like you said a perfect shell, no room for connection.
Quote by Aerokizzombie
I know what prepubescent girls want

Works for me:
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Edward is imperfect because he is a vampire and knows he should stay away from humans but he loves that chick, and that's why girls like him.

But us guys all know the silly 100 year old virgin just wants to get in her pants.
Quote by Jackal58
Sorry dude.

its cool dude. And I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Then again I'm not the married one so you got me on that

Plus Fabio was the definition of perfect in girls eyes before Edward I'm pretty sure. Only difference is that Fabio is just awesome.

Quote by Frusciante2323
i didnt like enough before but now that i know your writing a book.....

ok this makes no sense. Are you planning on stealing my idea. If you are good luck with that because no one knows what its about
not even my parents.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Last edited by RazorTheAwesome at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
its cool dude. And I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Then again I'm not the married one so you got me on that

Plus Fabio was the definition of perfect in girls eyes before Edward I'm pretty sure. Only difference is that Fabio is just awesome.

ok this makes no sense. Are you planning on stealing my idea. If you are good luck with that because no one knows what its about
not even my parents.

Fabio was awesome until he kissed a pigeon on a roller coaster. Then he was hilarious.
Poor guy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
If you want to write a better book than Twilight, I suggest you avoid trying to please the hordes of 12 year old girls, because in less than 10 years they will either have forgotten it, or have become social recluses, and the new 12 year old girls will like something different.

I say go for a well defined character. Give him a real, established personality. IMO, it's more important that people have a real reaction to a character, good or bad, rather than just like them. If the character is supposed to be liked, then I think you should go for the type of character that's not perfect, but tries, or is otherwise made likeable by the traits that define him, perfect or not.

Sadly.. I watched twilight last night... I couldn't just go by the bandwagon about how much it sucked.. I had to see it for myself.. I understand now why Stephen King essentially called her a shit writer, if the movie is anything to go by anyways. If not, well it sucks plenty on it's own.
Quote by Jackal58
Fabio was awesome until he kissed a pigeon on a roller coaster. Then he was hilarious.
Poor guy.
What a pussy. He should have kissed a bat instead.

... and when I say "kissed" I mean bit its friggin head off.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
What a pussy. He should have kissed a bat instead.

... and when I say "kissed" I mean bit its friggin head off.

But then I'd have to spell Fabio Ozzie and I'd be in the wrong thread.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Vagueness in both personality and appearance. "I love the way he treats me, and that look he gives me" etc. Dangerous, but i feel so safe in his arms! Whatever works for you. Just don't cross any boundaries and you can net a lot of fish.
well i think the imperfection character would be more interesting. but if your aiming your book towards preteen girls then go with perfect
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
Quote by dark&broken
If you want to write a better book than Twilight, I suggest you avoid trying to please the hordes of 12 year old girls, because in less than 10 years they will either have forgotten it, or have become social recluses, and the new 12 year old girls will like something different.

I say go for a well defined character. Give him a real, established personality. IMO, it's more important that people have a real reaction to a character, good or bad, rather than just like them. If the character is supposed to be liked, then I think you should go for the type of character that's not perfect, but tries, or is otherwise made likeable by the traits that define him, perfect or not.

Sadly.. I watched twilight last night... I couldn't just go by the bandwagon about how much it sucked.. I had to see it for myself.. I understand now why Stephen King essentially called her a shit writer, if the movie is anything to go by anyways. If not, well it sucks plenty on it's own.

my project is halfway done so yeah..... and I started it before I knew what Twilight was (before it came out actually) so I'm not really trying to please anyone. I only decided to take it seriously after I read the first chapter of twilight and saw how utter shit it was. I would never see the movie though it is just a bad movie on its own even though it is bound to a shitty book.

so yeah I'm not trying to please anyone.

and Jackal there is no wrong thread for Fabio Ozzie
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Last edited by RazorTheAwesome at Dec 24, 2009,