MF.com gave me a $100 gift certificate for Christmas this year for being a good customer. I really want a wah to use for some songs I play with my band. I do however take pride in my tone, especially my cleans, and am reading horror stories about all the wahs that are in my price range. I was thinking of getting the original Crybaby and a power supply (would come out to roughly $80) but everyone says they suck tone.

I'm willing to go up to $10 over my price limit of $100.

So basically I need a wah and a power supply for $110.

The sound I want is like Thomas Erak's in the intro to Panic Attack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu2AAousCb8. He uses a Budda but I can't afford that.
I wouldn't get a Crybaby unless you're willing/able to mod it. If so, check the GB&C Wah modding thread.

As for unaltered pedals, I'll have to let somebody more familiar with wah models field this one, but you could try the Ultimate Wah Thread.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
So you could get a Budda for like $70, I'd just save up it's not that much.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by mattman93
So you could get a Budda for like $70, I'd just save up it's not that much.

I just bought a new guitar and amp. The whole point of this is to not pay anything :P
Weeping Demon is what I have. (Who would have guessed)

I like my wah pedal. It's not as creamy as some wahs, but it handles distortion better and it's more versatile. Plus it's really durable and has 2 different engaging methods.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Weeping Demon is what I have. (Who would have guessed)

I like my wah pedal. It's not as creamy as some wahs, but it handles distortion better and it's more versatile. Plus it's really durable and has 2 different engaging methods.

+1 on that I own one too.

It's good but my one partially-faulted after a month or two. Also, I'm not sure about yours, but mine has a split-second sound cut-off whenever I engage the wah effect. . It doesn't really suck tone when you're engaged though.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
+1 on that I own one too.

It's good but my one partially-faulted after a month or two. Also, I'm not sure about yours, but mine has a split-second sound cut-off whenever I engage the wah effect. . It doesn't really suck tone when you're engaged though.

Mine doesn't cut off when it's engaged.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I own the Weeping Demon, and it sounds nice, but when I don't have it on it makes my amp sound muddy. It would be nice if it were true bypass, but alas, it's only $100.

EDIT: and the WD could definitely get you the sound you're after.
Stromberg Montreux
Schecter Hellraiser 7 String
Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" 100W Head
Mesa Boogie 112 Cab with a Celestion Vintage 30
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Death By Audio Fuzz War

Last edited by nick11link at Dec 24, 2009,
I hate to say this to you, and you arent going to like it at all.. but the Buddha is a pretty uniquely voiced Wah. I think it'd be worth it for you to shell out the extra 70 dollars now and not regret it later.
Ibanez WH-10 V2.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??