Page 1 of 4
Soooo

I'm sure plenty of threads have been made about this, but searching for them would be a nightmare considering how many different terms I could use and I can't recall seeing a thread. Anyway. Since there's a deathcore thread, a black metal thread, etc in the metal forum, thought I'd start one based around this new wave of synth based metalcore going around atm. Yes, this does include Attack Attack! and The Devil Wears Prada, but I dunno.... I can't help enjoying this stuff, no matter how gay it is. Would prefer to avoid having this thread filled with arguments about who or what is killing hardcore atm, really sick of that stuff. Get your point, don't agree, whatevers.

So, yeah, discuss!
Favourites atm are We Came As Romans and Asking Alexandria. Just grabbed some stuff from... Confide, Broadway, In Fear and Faith, The Word Alive and One Morning Left.

No, this is not a joke thread .
I like HORSE The Band. Like, a lot.

There's also Sky Eats Airplane that's pretty cool.

And Enter Shikari are pretty damn good, as well.
I love HORSE, Genghis Tron and Sky Eats Airplane. The rest are meh, but I won't start the argument here haha. HORSE and GT are definitely both doing something really cool with the genre. SEA isn't really doing anything new, but they're REALLY good at turning the generic crap into something really good. Instrumentals are great (the addition of Orbin helped a lot) and I know for a fact their new singer is a really talented dude.
my friend played me asking alexandria last night in his car. it was honestly the worst music i have ever heard. the song was just like open breakdowns, and then they played the most generic chorus ever with 5 7 8 riffs. i could tell exactly what they were playing in my head and thats saying something haha.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
my friend played me asking alexandria last night in his car. it was honestly the worst music i have ever heard. the song was just like open breakdowns, and then they played the most generic chorus ever with 5 7 8 riffs. i could tell exactly what they were playing in my head and thats saying something haha.

I heard one of the new Asking Alexandria songs on the Sumerian Sampler and it's actually halfway decent. For this genre at least. They've definitely stepped up their game since the stuff that it sounds like you've heard.
Quote by saxaxe
I love HORSE, Genghis Tron and Sky Eats Airplane. The rest are meh, but I won't start the argument here haha. HORSE and GT are definitely both doing something really cool with the genre. SEA isn't really doing anything new, but they're REALLY good at turning the generic crap into something really good. Instrumentals are great (the addition of Orbin helped a lot) and I know for a fact their new singer is a really talented dude.

I've been meaning to get into SEA, my ex was a huge fan of them and I never really paid attention to them haha. GT rule, so keen to see them live.
GT live is SO MUCH BETTER than on record. Their live show is absolutely incredible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJVAidUB9Bk
It's the lights that do it.

SEA is really good for a band that plays genericore. Definitely check them out. They just put up a teaser for the new stuff.
http://www.myspace.com/skyeatsairplane
I want to like GT so much, but I'm picky with my -core vocals, and theirs aren't the loveliest to my ears.

Damn nice lights though. Brings to mind Fear Before, which isn't a bad thing.

edit: turns out I was thinking of iwrestledabearonce. Woops.
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Dec 24, 2009,
Best not to ask really

Gonna ring in xmas with We Came As Romans - We Are The Reasons.

Anyone who hears it and doesn't reckon the intro sounds like a christmas carol is a dirty liar.
Quote by saxaxe
haha how the HELL did you get those two confused?
it's like 3 am, it's kinda expected to slip up and look like a moron
i like HORSE, thats about it.
edit: sky eats airplane are pretty alright. and i just listened to genghis tron for the first time and i liked it.
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
Last edited by thesceneislame at Dec 24, 2009,
Quote by catalyst329
Hmm i like SEA's new vocalist screams but im not to sure about his clean vocals

I've got his Numbers demo and a bunch of the extended new demos and his clean voice is great. A lot more character and individuality than the last guy.
Im going to have to say my favorite band in this genre is Abandon All Ships! followed closely by House Vs. Hurricane and We Came As Romans.
This is probably my favorite genre too
love is love // return to dust
How is it 'gay'?

I like HORSE and I don't really mind Sky Eats Airplane. I don't like the synthy stuff.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
http://www.myspace.com/camisadorock
This band's tryin to get me to join. I talk shit about bands like this all the time. Not my thing at ALL, but hey it could be fun.
Thoughts?
This band's tryin to get me to join. I talk shit about bands like this all the time. Not my thing at ALL, but hey it could be fun.
Thoughts?

They're decent dude, but seriously dont join a band in less your gonna be 100% into it or else its gonna go nowhere.
Thoughts?
theyre really generic.

Quote by zezimathehero

Quote by zezimathehero
Thoughts?

pretty ****ing terrible band. but join if you think it'll be fun i guess. i make it a promise to myself to never join a band that has scene girls writing their name on their hands/tits/ass.

edit: does anyone else get pissed off when people call bands like escape the fate and attack attack post hardcore?
Quote by BGSM
pretty ****ing terrible band. but join if you think it'll be fun i guess. i make it a promise to myself to never join a band that has scene girls writing their name on their hands/tits/ass.

Funnily enough, that's one of my life goals.
genghis tron

genghis tron

genghis tron
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
funnily isn't a word!

Quote by zezimathehero

Quote by zezimathehero

you win

Quote by zezimathehero

Quote by zezimathehero
http://www.myspace.com/abandonallships

Hey you lot, who are into this type of music check out this band, I'm not a fan but I thought you guys might it enjoy it.

I've come to love this type of -core aha, bands like Asking Alexandria (probably my favorite in this), Sky Eats Airplane, Attack Attack!, We Came As Romans, just fun stuff to get your moods going to.

EDIT: I checked out your band user above me, man you guys are solid.
I drink your milkshake.
Last edited by SeveredSurvival at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by blything09
hey guys, check out my band: www.myspace.com/awaitingonset

we're nearly finished our new ep which will be released next month, so keep checkin back for updates

thanks, hope u like us

i like it, the keys remind of me bleeding through

Quote by zezimathehero

Quote by zezimathehero
Quote by SeveredSurvival

EDIT: I checked out your band user above me, man you guys are solid.

Holy shit. This.
Do want.

Really enjoying Awaiting Onset. Very Bleeding Through, do want EP.
Awaiting Onset... Musically they're pretty okay (sans vocals), but the thing that separates these guys from a band like HORSE is that HORSE realizes how stupid and ridiculous the music they're playing is, while these guys seem to take it entirely seriously. Rule of thumb: If a chick wore your shit and it would show cleavage, you need a new shirt.
Plus the members of HORSE don't all have the same haircut.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
Last edited by Uranutan at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by Magero
Funnily enough, that's one of my life goals.

I'm listening to Sky Eats Airplane for the first time, and wow. I love it. They use so many chromatic notes in their melodies, and it sounds really really cool. They'll have that generic line, but then they take a twist and it goes somewhere else. Almost reminds me of this Bach piece I'm trying to learn on piano, for some reason.

EDIT: I just watched the official video for HORSE the band's song Murder. I saw some guy's bare ass
Last edited by Dregen at Jan 1, 2010,
Only synthcore I've really listened to is Enter Shikari, and only then the first album is a good album to me, apart from maybe Solidarity from Common Dreads.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Page 1 of 4