Dear UG.

I'm growing with a little discontent towards my 4x12, in relation to my 5150II head.

It's currently equipped with Celestion Vintage 30's, and i feel as though i need more low end, and a little less upper mids/ highs, whilst still retaining clarity.

SO, I have come to the conclusion to swap 2 of the V30's out and get another 2 speakes to work in an X pattern.

Which leads to my question, which speakers would suit the sound i'm looking for?

Thanks in advance
G12H30s or GT-75s.

I'd go with the heritage speakers, though.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
G12H30s or GT-75s.

I'd go with the heritage speakers, though.

g12h30 for sure. I got one in my valveking and its sick.
I've heard the x pattern of V30's and G12T-75's is a good combo.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I might be wrong but I wouldn't link g12T-75's with more low-end.
I'm thinking more along the lines of Eminence personally.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
I might be wrong but I wouldn't link g12T-75's with more low-end.
I'm thinking more along the lines of Eminence personally.

compared to v30s they have more low end. Deff a good mix. Can't go wrong with eminence. Krank cabs sound sick and that's what they are loaded with. Also the cabs are oer built for more low end as well.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by tomrules
Thanks for the replies guys.

Any opinions of Eminence Legend V12's?

Vader cabinets are loaded with Eminence Legends and Vader cabs are known as THE "heavy metal" cabinet.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
i would recommend the g12h-30 if you aren't playing high gain metal and are more in the rock realm. this speaker won't have an overabundance of headroom so keep that in mind. i find the low end may get mooshie with some people's tone.

the g12t-75 is just not that impressive. i am not overly convinced of the 'compared to a V30 they have more low end' comment, i feel it is more a trick of the ear because of the more flat response and and lack of a mid spike in the G12T-75 that makes it sound like it has more low end than a V30. imo i would prefer a G12-65 over G12T-75 unless i was using digital modeling.

if you are looking at playing drop tuned super saturated metal(or if you just want a very stable speaker) then i recommend the G12K-100, they're a bit sterile for my taste but are probably the best metal speaker i have run across. it is just opinion, but i have also played tons of speakers and this one has solved the 'which speaker for metal' problem hand down.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Dec 25, 2009,
You could try the V30/G12T-75 combo which is popular, but the G12K-100 would probably be a good one to try, as it's designed for massive headroom and low end.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Okay, cool.
I think i'll try go with the Eminence v12's, as all the vader clips i've seen/heard sound very low end orientated.
Thanks for all the help brosefs!