Page 1 of 2
Sort of a continuation/sequal off of my other thread. I've got plenty of suggestions, now I need to narrow them down.

The kind of music I want to play is stuff like Alter Bridge, Creed, Skillet, Red, All That Remains, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, BMFV, Disciple, Guns N' Roses, Kutless, Pearl Jam...so Rock/Hard Rock, with a little bit of Metal thrown in. Nothing hard core, and NOTHING punk/emo/ska/bleh.

My Budget really depends on how long I want to wait. In a week or so, i'll have around $300-$400. In a month or 2, it should be up to around $550. Add about a hundred a month after that. Keep in mind I need to buy an amp too but could probably borrow one from somebody if needed.

Epiphones-
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G400-SG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518291
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-CustomEX-with-EMG-8185-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515618
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-CustomEX-with-EMG-8185-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515622
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-CustomGX-with-Dirty-Fingers-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515617
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Custom-GX-with-Dirty-Fingers-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515619

ESP-
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=516629V
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC401VF-Electric-Guitar?sku=580200
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-Duncan-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=423297

Schecter-
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Omen-Extreme-6-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=529002
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=513010

Washburn-
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-X50PRO-Quilted-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=515402

Im very willing to buy used, and probably will.

Thanks!!!!
I was going to say that you shouldnt even begin to compare Epi to ESP or the others.
but after owning a Futura FX i can only say they're just as good as any other guitar youve linked. Personaly for the music you want to play, on the Heavy Metal end. Nearly all the bands use EMG Active (Bullet ect.)
If i had to take 3 guitars i would say:

ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
ESP LTD MH-1000
Schecter Omen Extreme 6

You will definatly get what you're looking for from one of those.

Hope it helps a little.

Edit: Oh and one more thing, Try before you buy. You need to make sure itts the right guitar for you. So if you cant try that exact guitar atleast try one of similar specification/shape.
Gear:

Charvel So-Cal Style 1 HH
Jackson Pro Series RR24M
Dean Dave Mustaine Signature VMNT

JCM 2000 TSL 100
Last edited by Spitty33 at Dec 24, 2009,
The thing that makes me lean towads the C1 Plus over the Omen Extreme is the next. The Omen is a bolt on, while the C1-Plus looks to be a set neck.
So have you tried any of these models out yet? You've got a lot of options so you should definitely spend time with them before you start looking at more models. Also what amp do you have?
I would go with the SG prophecy custom EX. Just becuase it looks cool :p
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Planning on making a trip to my local Guitar Center next week. And I also need to buy an amp. I've been playing acoustic for a while, time for an electric.
i'd KILL for an EC-1000

specially one in vintage black or purple.

but they have a restock green and omg, i came.
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
I'm really starting to lean toward the Schecter C-1 Plus--I'll be able to get it sooner, plus get a better amp
go for it, i love my C-1+

plus, it has coil-tap, i can't comment on it cause mine is the year before CT but it's all good, feels like a dream. play it though, ibby fanboys don't like the necks
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Yeah I'll be trying out ALL of these guitars. I hope guitar center people are nice and accommodating...LOL
ehh that varies lol

you might not be able to find the LTD's at GC, as [and i don't know if this is nationwide] my local GC carries VERY few LTD's and ESP's. last time i went there were NONE.
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Well I live in the Minneapolis/St Paul area, with about 5 different guitar centers I could go to, so maybe they'll have a better selection or have it at atleast one of the stores
i'd definately go for the C-1+. I don't own it, but I play one very often when I'm at my new best buy. great playing and sounding guitar.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I like the last LTD you posted the link to because it is a deluxe model according to ESP's website but by the time you have the money for it, it'll be out of stock at Musician's Friend since they are just trying to get rid of them now. That's a great sale to get rid of those models. Schecter also has the new Hellraiser Deluxe model that's going for $499 on Musician's Friend and it has grover tuners with EMG actives. That's also a great deal but the choice is up to you my friend. Just remember to not sell yourself short by settling for anything that's anything other than what you want. You've already established that you've got the ability to save money by your first post so have patience and get exactly what you want.
Quote by shadowkamakazi
Why is it stupid?

as in, it's stupidly cheap. as in, its almost stealing.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by shadowkamakazi
How's it compare to the Schecter C1-Plus?

I think it's a really good guitar, i'm just not so much a fan of the neck, unfortunately. but I love the Schecter's neck a lot. you gotta see and try them out yourself.
Quote by pedromiles101
Go for used, I got a used Jackson JS1 Dinky as my first guitar for only $95, and it looks almost new, just one or two little scratches. The new price for that guitar is $200 I think, so I got it for over 50% off! Buy something used but in good condition, you can save a lot of money for something that's just a little worn.

Oh and if you're going to be playing Avenged Sevenfold and All That Remains, get something either an ESP or a Schecter. I would advise getting the Schecter omen extreme but get the one with the floyd rose, since A7x does a lot of dive bombs.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Omen-ExtremeFR-Electric-Guitar?sku=520222

Same price as the other one, except it has floyd rose locking tremolo.
Last edited by dsan224 at Dec 24, 2009,
Yeah I'll probably go used, but I still want something of quality. I don't want my next purchase to have to be another guitar cause the one I bought is limiting me in some way.
Quote by shadowkamakazi
Yeah I'll probably go used, but I still want something of quality. I don't want my next purchase to have to be another guitar cause the one I bought is limiting me in some way.

Then consider the guitar that I linked in my above post, floyd rose is good for avenged sevenfold.
I don't want a floyd rose, as I change tunings a lot. I find my self switching from Standard, to drop D, to drop C# often in the same practice.
I was considering the same guitar, but w/o the floyd rose, but I saw it was a bolt on. I'm pretty sure I want a set neck, if I can. I've heard they're much, much better
Well I now have $400. It's super tempting to go out, try out all the guitars just to be sure, but end up buying the Schecter ^.^ As for an amp...I got a birthday in a month lol
Last edited by shadowkamakazi at Dec 24, 2009,
That Omen extreme 6 looks awesome...great hardware too! It would be my top pick!
(That one is a 25.5 scale right...I think the C-1 you were looking at was a 23.75)
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by shadowkamakazi
I was considering the same guitar, but w/o the floyd rose, but I saw it was a bolt on. I'm pretty sure I want a set neck, if I can. I've heard they're much, much better

Hmmm Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendricks, and lots of other great names seem to get along fine (or did while they were alive) with bolt on necks.
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by shadowkamakazi
I don't want a floyd rose, as I change tunings a lot. I find my self switching from Standard, to drop D, to drop C# often in the same practice.

If you don't want the floyd rose, then get the Schecter Omen Extreme 6.
What's the difference between the Omen Extreme 6 and the C-1 Plus? Which one is better, or is it a matter of personal preference?
IMO the C1 looks better because of Grove tuners vs Schecter tuners, Set neck vs Bolt on, Duncan Designed pickups vs EMG active (both are good, duncan would be better for my style though, no?), price, and I think it looks better too. Someone want to confirm this?
Omen 6 is a 25.5 scale guitar
C1 plus is a 24.75 scale (oddly the standard C-1 is 25.5 scale)

The EMGs on the Omen would be hotter....tone is subjective. Also the EMGs are coil tapped...a bit of extra versatility there

If you have larger hands, and or/ are more of a metal head, the Omen 6 extreme is the geet for you.
Smaller hands and/or more of a blues man, get the C-1 plus.

If it were me...I'd spend the extra $50 on the Omen...maybe buy some locking tuners later on if I didn't like the schecter tuners
Last edited by Vinson at Dec 25, 2009,
Lets see...the C1-plus also has coil tapping.

I have what you would call "Large stubby hands" imo. Pretty big hand, but I don't have those freakish-pencil-thin fingers some people have. And while I would like some metal, I'm more into the hard rock with solo's influenced a bit by blues. Something along the lines of Mark Tremonti.
Thick fingers are gonna prefer the room a 25.5 scale gives you if your playing solos on the higher frets...otherwise, sounds like the C-1plus is the geet for you. It will do metal just fine...maybe not QUITE as well as the Omen, plus if you like the look/feel of a set neck, then that should seal the deal.
If I get a windfall of money, I'll go for the Omen. But Guitar center right now has the Omen for $499.99 and the C1-Plus for $351. I could go get it now, AND get a much better amp. Agreed?
Quote by shadowkamakazi
If I get a windfall of money, I'll go for the Omen. But Guitar center right now has the Omen for $499.99 and the C1-Plus for $351. I could go get it now, AND get a much better amp. Agreed?

yes, go get that +

Quote by shadowkamakazi
How do you guys like the Roland Cube 20X for an amp to get?

thats a good amp.
Quote by pedromiles101
I'm starting to think the Peavey Vypyr 30W is gonna be better...it sounds REALLY nice, I watched some videos on youtube
Page 1 of 2