Page 1 of 2
2009 was a surprisingly good year for movies...we got (mostly) hilarious comedies, fantastic sci-fi flicks, and some good dramas (though most of the horror movies this year haven't been quite up to snuff). What are the Pit's favorite movies of 2009?

Mine are:

Inglourious Basterds

Observe and Report (a very underrated comedy and not for everyone...I will probably piss a lot of people off by ranking it higher than The Hangover, but I stand by my opinion.)

Star Trek

District 9

The Hangover

Watchmen

Zombieland
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
The only ones I've seen are Transformers 2 and 2012, and even though I get a lot of hate for this, I liked both of them.
have only seen Hangover Watchmen and Inglourious, and all 3 were great.
want to see zombieland.
I'd say Hangover, I don't care what anyone says nothing has made me laugh more consistently throughout a movie than that film
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
mine are basically like yours...

Zombieland, District 9, Star Trek, Avatar. i didn't care too much for Watchmen.. some things didn't transfer very well from graphic novel to movie.. Drag Me to Hell was also really really enjoyable.
Zombieland, hangover, Year One, Land of the Lost, Ninja Assassin, Knowing, 2012, District 9, Observe and Report, and a ton of others that are slipping my mind right now. I saw too many movies this year...
Inglorious Basterds was amazing!!
Where the wild things are was pretty damn good too
Bruno

Inglorious

Zombieland

most everything else I saw was dissapointing
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
500 Days Of Summer.

what?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Inglourious Basterds, District 9, Gran Tarino, Avatar, Up.....haven't seen Star Trek, 9, Zombieland, or Hangover yet. Coming soon to a me near you.
WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE!

I saw it 2 days ago, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!
Inglourious Basterds was damn good.

Up was great, although I liked WALL-E better.

500 Days of Summer was great as well, with Zooey Deschanel looking damn fine as usual.

Transformers 2 exceeded my very low expectations and was actually quite entertaining at times.
Last edited by Doppelgänger at Dec 24, 2009,
More or less in order of how good they are imo (all of them were great though, not listing bad ones)

Inglourious Basterds
Star Trek
Law Abiding Citizen
Up
Transformers 2
The Hangover
Zombieland

Also, there is a thread with exactly the same title already.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
mine are basically like yours...

Zombieland, District 9, Star Trek, Avatar. i didn't care too much for Watchmen.. some things didn't transfer very well from graphic novel to movie.. Drag Me to Hell was also really really enjoyable.

I can't believe anyone would enjoy that film?
It was terrible, I mean I know the whole "IMO" shit but seriously???
worst $12.50 I've ever spent going to that
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
the hangover
star trek
inglorious basterds
zombieland
still haven't seen avatar
i'm sure sherlock holmes will be good as well.
Go Veg.
The Hangover will become a comedy classic. But besides that I haven't seen any amazing films this year.

Star Trek was a decent action movie, but overall not a good movie. The black hole and red matter stuff made no sense.

Haven't seen Basterds, heard its good though.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
District B13 Ultimatum
The Hangover
You are free to do what we tell you.
I've only seen two this year, but I still consider them to be of very high quality - District 9 and Inglourious Basterds.

I can't believe the Hangover gets all this love.. It's extremely mediocre. Other than that, I don't know if I've seen any good movies this year.
I've heard it both ways
I'd say surprisingly Coraline.

I didn't really wanna see it because it looked like a children's movie, but it was actually better than I thought it would be.
Inglorious Basterds
The Hangover
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining" - Wrex
Avatar and Brüno are probably the best two I've seen this year, but I didn't catch many tbh, and Avatar was waaaay better than Brüno.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I don't care what anyone says, I really liked Paranormal Activity.

I also liked I Love You Man, The Hangover, Year One (hey I thought it was funny). I enjoyed 2012 but it was way too long for my liking.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Gran Torino (great movie)
Inglorious Basterds (another tarantino classic)
District 9 (well made)
The Hangover (soon to be comedy classic)
Taken (riveting action movie)
Watchmen (just amazing imo)
Star Trek (epic)
Up (Pixar never fails)
Zombieland (zombie/comedy gold)
this was a bad year for movies. transformers 2 was reasonable but thats only bcuz im a hardcore transformers fan.
Watchmen and Inglorious Bastards were perfect. I'm not even sure if I have seen any other 2009 movies.
District 9.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
No mention of The Taking of Pelham 123? For shame, UG. That and Up would be my choice for best movie of the year.

Have yet to see Zombieland and Inglorious Basterds. So can't comment on these.

Seen The Hangover, quite enjoyable albeit rather really stupid. Same goes with Avatar. Enjoyed it but didn't think it was well thought out.

Transformers 2 bored me to death and I didn't care much for Watchmen but to be fair, I never really gave it chance(might re-watch it when I get bored).
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Dec 24, 2009,
Page 1 of 2