Page 1 of 4
I used the searchbar and found nothing relating, but if there is something then i apologize.

My friend showed this to me the other night and it really scared me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damWWOgKvWE

Back story: A Siberian drilling team drilled about 9 miles down and encountered a hollow cavern. Apparently it is very uncommon to have such caverns deep within the earth. So they sent a microphone down to listen for seismic activity and that is the audio they apparently picked up.

What do you all think of this? I don't automatically believe it, but it sure makes you think and question your religious outlook on life.
Would watch, but it's 3 in the morning, and I'd probably shit my pants and not be able to sleep.

Will watch tomorrow.

EDIT:

'What really unnerved the Soviets, apart from the voice recordings, was the appearance that same night of a fountainhead of luminous gas shooting up from the drill site, and out of the midst of this incandescent cloud pillar a brilliant being with bat wings revealed itself with the words (in Russian): 'I have conquered,' emblazoned against the dark Siberian sky.

I don't know whether to call bullshit, or to be very, very afraid.

Of course, that might just be because I'm so goddamn tired right now.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Dec 24, 2009,
Um.....Caverns are common at all depth. Seismic activity creates them...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
someone put this up in the Nightmare thread a few weeks ago. sounds fake to be honest. We know hell doesn't exist in the centre of the Earth since this is modern society with modern technology (probably doesn't exist at all). Doesn't sound like anything natural... it just sounds like something manufactured
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
someone put this up in the Nightmare thread a few weeks ago. sounds fake to be honest. We know hell doesn't exist in the centre of the Earth since this is modern society with modern technology (probably doesn't exist at all). Doesn't sound like anything natural... it just sounds like something manufactured

Yeah I don't think hell is in the earth, but I mean it could be a sign of warning or something (Also, I'm not trying to make all of you in here become christian or anything, please don't take it the wrong way)
I've listened to that before. It sounds pretty strange. It's hard to believe the source, just because it's so incredible.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
And yes it could totally be manufactured by someone to convert people to Christianity. But who knows.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

This....I initially thought this was a thread dedicated to the most brewTUHL screams in music....
Nikolas
O HAI!

If you knew anything about religion, then you would know that people can only go to "Heaven" or "Hell" when they DIE. How can living people hear this shit?

/thread

FAL
Sounds kinda cheesy
Quote by floppypick
Helicopter whirl...

If this does not involve you somehow flying with your hair, I will be horribly disappointed.

PSN = wario184
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Fucking Watermelons...

How dat shit work yo?
Quote by TunerAddict
Um.....Caverns are common at all depth. Seismic activity creates them...

I don't remember exactly what the article said, I have not read it in a couple of days. But for some reason this hollow cavern was uncommon in this area of depth or something.
I don't really believe all that. Not exactly creepy simply because it sounds/seems too fake, especially after reading the description on the side.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by RIPLesPaul
O HAI!

If you knew anything about religion, then you would know that people can only go to "Heaven" or "Hell" when they DIE. How can living people hear this shit?

/thread

FAL

look its the made up story police.

and no it doesnt make me question my religious outlook on life it only furthers my atheism because of the ridiculous gullibility of catholics.
does anyone really believe there are screaming humans 9 miles beneath the earths surface?
The mole people....
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Geez, this story is older than my dead grandpa.
Who could actually believe this?
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Quote by WaveCaster97
look its the made up story police.

and no it doesnt make me question my religious outlook on life it only furthers my atheism because of the ridiculous gullibility of catholics.

I'm not Catholic
Brutal. We should host a metal show down in the abyss. \m/
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by King ofKumbucha

All that came to mind.

Reminds me of what me and my friends were discussing over a couple of cigars earlier. My friend mentioned that he believes that many of the stories in the bible are not meant to be taken literally, they are created to teach lessons to people.

---This is now starting to sound like we should be in the religion thread
sorry
Is more than likely that the sound of air blowing off the rocks 9 miles down (aka wind), combined with the fact their audio equipment prolly was not meant to measure a cavern 9 miles down, created a lot of a conglomeration of feedback & wind that sounded like screaming humans. The fact that the Catholic group who's running this lil scam seems to be trying to recruit just confirms such a thing. How? Cuz who else but ignorant religious individuals fail to double- & triplecheck such details as technological phenomenon. In other words, they heard this crap, decided it was screams from hell, and failed to ask questions like, "Was your audio equipment sposed to monitor caverns 9 miles down?". Good job, priests. Once again, I'm glad to be Jewish!
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Is more than likely that the sound of air blowing off the rocks 9 miles down (aka wind), combined with the fact their audio equipment prolly was not meant to measure a cavern 9 miles down, created a lot of a conglomeration of feedback & wind that sounded like screaming humans. The fact that the Catholic group who's running this lil scam seems to be trying to recruit just confirms such a thing. How? Cuz who else but ignorant religious individuals fail to double- & triplecheck such details as technological phenomenon. In other words, they heard this crap, decided it was screams from hell, and failed to ask questions like, "Was your audio equipment sposed to monitor caverns 9 miles down?". Good job, priests. Once again, I'm glad to be Jewish!

Totally agree that this is another possibility. Extremist like that anger me as well
look like crabs
talk like people
crab people....
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Is more than likely that the sound of air blowing off the rocks 9 miles down (aka wind), combined with the fact their audio equipment prolly was not meant to measure a cavern 9 miles down, created a lot of a conglomeration of feedback & wind that sounded like screaming humans. The fact that the Catholic group who's running this lil scam seems to be trying to recruit just confirms such a thing. How? Cuz who else but ignorant religious individuals fail to double- & triplecheck such details as technological phenomenon. In other words, they heard this crap, decided it was screams from hell, and failed to ask questions like, "Was your audio equipment sposed to monitor caverns 9 miles down?". Good job, priests. Once again, I'm glad to be Agnostic!

Exactly what I was thinking.
this entire thing is fake. it was reported in the tabloids in europe. got its way over to the US by way of a witness. when the witness was contacted by a skeptic group he came right out and said it was a fraud. he just wanted to see how gullible people were and quickly news outlets would pick up a story without getting ANY confirmation of its truth.
#DTWD
Reminds me of what me and my friends were discussing over a couple of cigars earlier. My friend mentioned that he believes that many of the stories in the bible are not meant to be taken literally, they are created to teach lessons to people.

---This is now starting to sound like we should be in the religion thread
sorry

That is exactly what the stories were created for.
look like crabs

eat people

crab people
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Page 1 of 4