If i send someone the direct input recording of my guitar can they add distortion?

continued.....If i send someone the direct input (simple clean guitar) recording of my guitar can they add distortion to make it sound good?

to sound like A day to remember or blink 182 type guitar tone

maybe using an amp simulation program or something

thanks to anyone who can help
Yeah they would need a program like logic or protools and they could easily add distortion onto the audio track.
I can give it a shot, sure. Just make sure to play the guitar as if it has distortion, it may not sound good as a clean track, but it will once the effects are laid on. I'm talking in terms of pick attack and velocity stuff.

If you have AIM, hit me up at ScottyDanger22 or just PM me if you don't have aim.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Personally, I think Ryan will do a much better job than I would. I'm just gonna shoot it through Amplitube and flick some knobs 'til it sounds pop-punk. Ryan has some much more advanced gear and much more in-depth knowledge of recording guitars than I do, so even if you have me do a version, make sure to get one from Ryan as well!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I'll give it a go - undoubtedly you'll end up using one of the other guys' tracks, but I haven't done anything recording related in a while & I probably should. I'll PM you my e-mail address.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I'm kinda bored and need some practice at this, so give me a PM and I'll have a try.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Yeah, it's possible, because most cheap built-in soundcards have clear signal, but when you try to distort it, it will be all noisy, send it to me and i'll give it a shot.

Please explain what kind of tone you want, if you send it to me.
I just got some new recording gear, so I could give it a shot as well. If you want all of us to try it so you can pick which one you like the best, I'd suggest uploading it to MediaFire and giving us the link.
Throw me in the mix. I'm one of those Blink 182 lovers so I can get you that Tom Delonge tone. Do you want Enema Of The State Blink tone or Untitled era Blink tone?
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by CatharsisStudio
this is pretty useless if you don't double track rythms

and tunning your guitar, and playing tighly

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/347071/ug.mp3

well i recorded it all in half an hour just to see what everyone could do to it. i didnt want to put too much effort into the DI recording if it wasnt going to sound good.

but i really like the sound you got. so im gonna redo the recordings. what should i do differently to make it sound best?
ohh okay. ill double track the rhythms.
as for the tracks, i just threw the parts where there was room on a track and it wouldnt overlap, just so i could keep it down to as little files as possible.

if i redo them. can you edit it again?
cuz yours didnt sound "fake" like amplitude makes them.
the only thing i didnt like was the chorus because it sounded weak.
I don't see how amplitube sounds "fake."
I don't even know what "fake" sounds like. An amp is just some software with a speaker, amplitube is as real as anything.
I am going to experiment with some separate head and cab plugins to see if I can get a better tone.
^Amplitube sounds 'fake' because it's so digital sounding. He wants it sound like an actual amp.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Amplitube does certain sounds reasonably well, it's just a case of knowing what you're doing.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by tenfold

An amp is just some software with a speaker

Come again?

Someone's been playing too many Line 6's.
Last edited by Beefmo at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by Sonny_sam
Amplitube does certain sounds reasonably well, it's just a case of knowing what you're doing.

I don't want to turn this into an Amplitube Vs. Amp Sim B but Amplitube is fail
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by Alex Vik
A bit off topic, but was I the only one that actually re-amped it instead of using amp software?

I'd guess not, Ryan (Catharsis) does proper reamping and his track sounds like its got that tasty real amp nicely saturated sound (to my ears anyway).
Just a quick job (I cut out some of the noise, so it comes in at 14 seconds)

The second guitar sounds a bit loose, but that seems to be the trend so I'm not too worried.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=2ZFdOp
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by CatharsisStudio
i didn't know what type of tone you wanted? hahah learn to punch in google that protools punching in

today i recorded them by miking a marshall jcm 900. i double tracked rhytms and kept everything separate. would you be able to mix it for me?