When it comes to illegal immigration, I think we could use stronger border security. I also think we should offer a pathway for citizenship for the 12 million people here.

However, here in the U.S.A., illegal immigrants trying to make it to the U.S. have been shot and killed by border patrol. I personally am strongly against this, and I was wondering what The Pit thinks about this.
I think we should hand out clipboards with immigration papers on them for them to fill out as soon as they cross the border.

And Ta Da! No more "illegal immigrants"

TBH, I think this whole thing has gone too far. Seriously, they're human. Let them live wherever the **** they want without going through loads of bullshit.
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Dec 24, 2009,
I can't say I agree with shooting people in general.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
we should build a wall of fire.

i like boards of canada too
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
I agree with i_killed_bill
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Take it to the Only Political Thread! *reported*

primusedit: go forth with the discussion. i'll allow it.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 24, 2009,
Quote by The Madcap
When it comes to illegal immigration, I think we could use stronger border security. I also think we should offer a pathway for citizenship for the 12 million people here.

However, here in the U.S.A., illegal immigrants trying to make it to the U.S. have been shot and killed by border patrol. I personally am strongly against this, and I was wondering what The Pit thinks about this.

Have you seen this happening?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

nah. i'll allow it.
#DTWD
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Ha someone who's only been here 2 months talking trash to people!
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by blackthought
Have you seen this happening?
I've heard about it on the news a few times.
Quote by primusfan
nah. i'll allow it.
Thanks, G.
Quote by primusfan
nah. i'll allow it.

Quote by fwibble
Ha someone who's only been here 2 months talking trash to people!
It was a joke. (See my edit above.) And what does my 2 months have to do with anything? Wtf are you, some kinda commie?

Edit: Or don't see my edit. Yeah. I had comments there. Whatever.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 24, 2009,
Quote by The Madcap
I've heard about it on the news a few times.

It sounds like the type of thing that's exaggerated for political effect. (No offense intended to you.) I doubt there's an epidemic of it, I mean.
I dont see what the big fuss is about it anyway they just come here to look for work and are usually taking the jobs nobody else wants. If we kick it out all the illegal immigrants who else do you think is going to work in the fields bent over 12 hours a day picking fruits for $5 an hour?
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It was a joke. (See my edit above.) And what does my 2 months have to do with anything? Wtf are you, some kinda commie?

Edit: Or don't see my edit. Yeah. I had comments there. Whatever.

Join date matters a lot around UG
Quote by blackthought
It sounds like the type of thing that's exaggerated for political effect. (No offense intended to you.) I doubt there's an epidemic of it, I mean.
No, I don't think it is. I haven't heard about it on the news relatively recently. I've just heard people say that they think they should be shot on sight, I mean I do live in Texas and all. That's what made me start the thread.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
I dont see what the big fuss is about it anyway they just come here to look for work and are usually taking the jobs nobody else wants. If we kick it out all the illegal immigrants who else do you think is going to work in the fields bent over 12 hours a day picking fruits for $5 an hour?

This isn't the early 1900s anymore, dude.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by i_killed_bill
TBH, I think this whole thing has gone too far. Seriously, they're human. Let them live wherever the **** they want without going through loads of bullshit.

well yeah. but at the same time they do put americans out of work.

1. i've never seen an immigrant doing a job that i haven't also seen an american doing.
2. immigrants are willing to work for below the minimum wage. no american should have to sacrifice their dignity of working for lower than a legally set minimum wage that itself is even lower than the theoretical living wage. it's ridiculous.

immigrants are humans too. but in this case our best interest is also their best interest. we just need to put more pressure on their government to raise their standards of living. it'll essentially take an anti-NAFTA bill. but it'll be worth it. we'll both be better off in the end.
#DTWD
I think we need to put mines and electric fences around the whole border so dumb beans dontt come here. God damnit, they took our jobs! Aderka der!
Quote by R. Shackleford.

If they didn't work for sub-minimum wage, the employers would have to pay more. Illegals need to unionize or some shit, it's not like we'd deport them in mass if a majority of them organized.

Quote by The Madcap
No, I don't think it is. I haven't heard about it on the news relatively recently. I've just heard people say that they think they should be shot on sight, I mean I do live in Texas and all. That's what made me start the thread.

Fair enough. It's 3AM and my thinking's shot to hell so you'll have to forgive me.
Quote by hidden132
I think we need to put mines and electric fences around the whole border so dumb beans dontt come here. God damnit, they took our jobs! Aderka der!

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by The Madcap
However, here in the U.S.A., illegal immigrants trying to make it to the U.S. have been shot and killed by border patrol.

I would guess that those who were shot were drug smugglers, not immigrants.
Check out my band Disturbed
about the $5 an hour fruit thing.

We don't want that job, but you know what we do want? the 8.40 an hour or whatever minimum wage is in your state. It takes jobs away from americans who can't afford to live as cheaply as the illegal immigrants.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by blackthought
If they didn't work for sub-minimum wage, the employers would have to pay more. Illegals need to unionize or some shit, it's not like we'd deport them in mass if a majority of them organized.

Fair enough. It's 3AM and my thinking's shot to hell so you'll have to forgive me.
You're officially given an E-Madcap Forgiveness badge.
I understand that they are looking for work, and more power to them, that's not where I have a problem with illegal immigration. Where I do have a problem is how illegal immigrants do not take on most of the responsibilities of being a citizen of the United States. Such as paying income tax while still reaping the benefits of social services. (such as hospitals) I would consider that stealing. Illegal immigrants also are not a fan of auto insurance. It is stuff like that that is the problem.

A great deal of drugs come from Mexico as well which is another reason for tighter border security. And all the time that we have an open border we spend even more money through law enforcement trying to deal with these issues.

I do not agree with shooting them (unless they are smugglers/gang members, then more power to them) but I do think we need tighter security.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
1 - Make it easier to come here and work legally. Fast track.
2 - Background checks, working papers, jobs, then tax them like the rest of us.
3 - Anyone who still tries to sneak in. Shoot the fuckers.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by sacamano79
I understand that they are looking for work, and more power to them, that's not where I have a problem with illegal immigration. Where I do have a problem is how illegal immigrants do not take on most of the responsibilities of being a citizen of the United States. Such as paying income tax while still reaping the benefits of social services. (such as hospitals) I would consider that stealing. Illegal immigrants also are not a fan of auto insurance. It is stuff like that that is the problem.

A great deal of drugs come from Mexico as well which is another reason for tighter border security. And all the time that we have an open border we spend even more money through law enforcement trying to deal with these issues.

I do not agree with shooting them (unless they are smugglers/gang members, then more power to them) but I do think we need tighter security.

Agreed.

I live in El Paso, atleast 20% of the whole dang town is either illegal or on a visa. I've seen a lot of good illegal people that turn out to be some of my best friends, and I've met a whole shitload of people that just don't care or appreciate how good this place is.

Come looking for work? Fine.
Pay taxes? Fine.
Doing citizenship paperwork? Good for you.
Appreciate how much better it is than down the street? Cool.

Fly Mexican flags everywhere, living off welfare, fail out of the school that your parents brought you here for, and talk shit about the country at every opportunity, while half the city next door is getting shot to shit? GTFO.

I know people that came for reasons like,

"My mom got kidnapped by the drug cartel."-Sis's BF.

Is an O.K. reason in my book, because they pay taxes, have a solid job, and their kids try hard as hell to be good in school, are working on the citizenship papers, and appreciate the life we have here.

And then I know people who say things like,

"Fawk no maen, mehikos so mush bettar maen"

While they just ass around in school, their on welfare, their parents don't have jobs(if they do its for below minimum wage or something similar), and taxes are out of the question for them, make me friggin sick.

Immigration is a two-sided sword here, but it's people like the latter that make every single person think that all the people coming into this country seem like spineless, un-working people that don't know how great they have it here. While there are people that should just be deported, they are just as many if not more people that came here because life across the bridge sucks, and they decided that they'd work their asses off to make it better, and thats the sort of people that the media and prejudiced people should focus on.

/oh shit wall of text.

Sorry, this just hits really close to home sometimes.
i they are commiting an ilegeal crime, shoot the fu**ers
You are free to do what we tell you.