Today me & a buddy decided we would take advantage of the Christmas rush 2day and decided to go busking. Upon playing we had only earned around $4 after the first 1-2 hours.

However we then decided to play Wish you were here by Pink Floyd. And then to our surprise the cash just started rolling in, lol.

Then after 2 hours we were up to around $200.... simply from continuously playing wish you were here.

I guess some of you may find this a useful tip. If any1 else knows any good busking songs that earn a good keep please post
i should do that tomorrow hahaha
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Don't you need a busking license of some sort :S?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
u dont need a busking license if u dont get caught. If u get caught u imply say "oh sorry... i left it in my car" then simply leave & dont come back. Or u just say "sorry i didnt know..."

But yeah... i was stunned at how effective Wish you were Here was... especially on xmas eve where u would expect people to wanna hear xmas songs :S

Usually me and my bud busk for around 6 hours a time. But today we only busked for around 4 hours... crazy
Quote by evangelionbh
u dont need a busking license if u dont get caught. If u get caught u imply say "oh sorry... i left it in my car" then simply leave & dont come back. Or u just say "sorry i didnt know..."

Ignorance for the law is no excuse.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Awesome. I did some busking at a sea side town years ago and earned £16 in a couple of hours. That was loads to me back then!
yeah canon rock on acoustic impress' alot of people. Im thinking i might try and get some of the "Dark side of the Moon" songs down bcuz they are all the same key which may make for an interesting performance
Quote by Quaned
Don't you need a busking license of some sort :S?

Where I am, there are some areas which you do not need one for.
I busk there because I haven't been bothered to get a busking license, lol.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
u can busk in just about any place. Its just large cities where they are fairly picky with licenses. However if u live in a town outside of the city then usually there are no problems.
I gave a busker £3 or £4 once because he took some requests, all I asked was "You know any Johnny Cash?" he pulled out I Walk The Line then I asked "You know any Dylan" the guy slapped out Like a Rolling Stone, Mr Tambourine Man and Tangled Up In Blue. I would've stayed around but my friends were getting impatient and wanted to get to the pub.

EDIT: That should probably be "next" pub, so Protip: Busk outside a busy pub/club at night and get pissed people over paying you!
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Last edited by Callum89 at Dec 24, 2009,
Quote by wesselbindt
"oh that's alright, we'll walk you to your car."

"I uh... left my car in my other pants"
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
If I forget to wash one morning I might go find somewhere to do this, though i'd hate to do it in the city for fear of seeing someone I know.
Knocking on Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
Stand by Me - John Lennon Ben E. King?
Wonderwall - Oasis (It makes money don't judge :p
Let It Be - Beatles

I'll edit if I can remember more.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by ScottB.
Ignorance for the law is no excuse.

Actually, it's the best excuse (aside from actually obeying the law). It's the state's responsibility to make sure the laws are made easily accessible, and well known. If you can show that this particular law isn't well known to reasonable people in your position, you have a decent case.

EDIT: A good busking song would be things adults recognize that they don't expect kids to. Just think, what do mommys listen to???
Last edited by captaincrunk at Dec 24, 2009,
Apparently you can make an easy €50 an hour busking in Cork city centre on a saturday. I met a guy there who spent the day doing it in a bar after he'd finished.

I'd love to go busking but I don't know what the local laws are for it.
I'm pretty sure there's already a busking thread TS.

For all your busking related needs!
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by aaciseric
If I forget to wash one morning I might go find somewhere to do this, though i'd hate to do it in the city for fear of seeing someone I know.
I saw some bloke in Birmingham playing in the Christmas German Market, but he was just on his own with no amp or anything, so standing more than about 2 metres away from him, you couldn't hear a thing over all the people! I've always wanted to do it down by the canal though, looks so cool.
Me and a few mates did this to kill some time. We made about £13 in 20minutes. Was pretty cool
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Is busking basically just playing on the street for money? Like a homeless guy?
Quote by iforgot120
Is busking basically just playing on the street for money? Like a homeless guy?

Next time you see a homeless guy with an instrument, give me a shout.
I rarely see homeless people busking, what homeless people do is beg.

But yeah, Busking is street performing, with your instrument case/whatever open for people to throw cash in.
Time to dust off the acoustic and go to the mall I guess.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by aaciseric

bah! lol, seeing people u know is the best part... it allows u to see if they are cheap asses or not haha.

note: Merry Christmas!