Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Dec 25, 2009,
that far right knob makes it seem like a modelling amp..
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Quote by signedinbloodnz

I hope it is. I always wondered why Marshall never thought of a modeling amp. I mean if they modeled an amp after an old plexi a hot rodded plexi and jcm800 I would buy it.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
it models only marshall amps ? hahaha.

It would still not be worth buying compared to competition that models other amps as well.
Gonna suck like every other Marshall amp since the 90s.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
I feel another rift in the space time continuum approaching. Marshall are famous for making valve amps - we know what happened last time they tried to diversify don't we? I predict that "photos or it's an MG" will be replaced by "photos or it's a JMD".

This does not bode well
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I don't really like modeling amps. As I understand, they're pretty much impossible to make with all-analog pre-amp circuitry, and is thus digital. Even the Line6 Spider Valve only has a valve power amp, which does have a large effect on the overall tube amp characteristics, but I still don't like digital sounds all that much. They're OK for practice amps, though.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by signedinbloodnz

I really hope that's not gonna happen.
I think I saw somebody on the marshallforums with what looked like one of these. At the time it wasn't even up on their site, so i have no clue how they got their hands on one (Or even a rip off Marshall built like it, because nobody knew about it)

They said it had a hybrid preamp and tube power amp I think.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
The key is the price.

The problem with marshall is they make inferior non-tube products and try to sell them for premium price using their brand name.

If they're going to make modeling amps they should start pricing them the right way.

They cannot expect people to pay more for their products just because it has a marshall brand name on them when they're competing in a market dominated by other well known players who don't even dare to charge purely by brand name.

They will have a tough time unseating VOX and Line6 in the modeling sector.
OK, I just heard on another forum that they will be like the JMP1 preamp + JFX1 FX processor + EL34 poweramp in one.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
http://www.yoursound.lv/downloads/cenas/MARSHALL-TAVA_SKANA-enduser_pricelist_LVL_2009.11.02.pdf

From that I think they range from about 450 to 600 Euros, I Think
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Cathbard
I feel another rift in the space time continuum approaching. Marshall are famous for making valve amps - we know what happened last time they tried to diversify don't we? I predict that "photos or it's an MG" will be replaced by "photos or it's a JMD".

This does not bode well

This is crazy. Marshall has made some great solid state amps before the introduction of the MG. And to whoever said that Marshall hasnt made a good amp since the 90s, the DSL and JVM sound pretty great if you get them set up right

Im going to wait to try the new amp before I dismiss it as total crap
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by georgakis187
Gonna suck like every other Marshall amp since the 90s.

stop hating - the vintage modern, DSL series and JVM 4 series are pretty good (JVM to a lesser extent, but its so ****ing versatile I like it)

Even so, I agree this looks less than promising oh well, lets wait and see what its like...
Quote by WtrPlyr
To much cheap practice-amp crap lately from Marshall. They'd better put out some quality re-issues or some quality new models.

The JVM was put out not too long ago and thats a great amp as is the class 5.
Quote by WtrPlyr
To much cheap practice-amp crap lately from Marshall. They'd better put out some quality re-issues or some quality new models.

Exactly my thought.

They didn't make good decisions by making the Class 5 a "little Plexi" which you have to crank to get distortion or by making the entry-level MA series that high-wattage.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Pic is fixed now.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Pic is fixed now.

Ah, It looks very...Modelling amp-y?
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Ah, It looks very...Modelling amp-y?

Yes, it looks like it's going to be Marshall's Spider Valve/Vypyr Tube.

Just found something interesting:

Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
So, built in Delay, Reverb and what looks like Resonance to me. To be honest, i'm not looking forward to it. But, if it sounds good, it could be a very nice practice/small gig amp. Hopefully the valve stage will make it sound a bit better cranked. Here's to hoping.
it doesnt look too bad.

that switch on the right looks interesting.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
It'll probably be like all the other modelling amps, you know, like putting a Rolls Royce grill on a Morris Minor - you aint fooling anybody.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It'll probably be like all the other modelling amps, you know, like putting a Rolls Royce grill on a Morris Minor - you aint fooling anybody.

No.

There are some great modelling amps. The line6 vetta for example or even the vox valvetronix has some good sounds in it.

Also this marshall hate needs to stop , it's the stupidest thing. No other forum has this kind of bandwagoning.
You people seriously need to stop all the hate. It's rediculous. Ever since they realeased theMG all you do is bash them. You guys haven't even played this amp so stop saying it's going to suck and be terrible. It gets really annoying

/rant
Blue Red Yellow Green
Quote by FOYSTA
You people seriously need to stop all the hate. It's rediculous. Ever since they realeased theMG all you do is bash them. You guys haven't even played this amp so stop saying it's going to suck and be terrible. It gets really annoying

/rant

Its gonna suck balls dude.....
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by JesusCrisp
Exactly my thought.

They didn't make good decisions by making the Class 5 a "little Plexi" which you have to crank to get distortion or by making the entry-level MA series that high-wattage.

The Class 5 is a great blues amp and works the same way as pretty much any classic Marshall in regards to gain, except that you can get it at a much lower volume, and the MA series seemed pretty promising from the demo of it. Whats wrong with having a high watt amp? Bugera, B-52, and the Valve King are similar in that respect, yet they dont get the same level of unadulterated hate.

What does GGA play that makes them loath Marshall so much? They work well for pretty much every genre of music
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I for one am proud of marshall. they're actually coming out with new stuff. I'm pretty excited for this. it's a tube power amp and a 12ax7. so what this sound like to me is as JMP1 in combo form. which is really freaking cool

EDIT: this marshall bandwagoning needs to stop. Marshall makes some of the best amps in the buisness period. half of you can't afford a real marshall (understandable) and a quarter haven't even played one. you're just jumping on the wagon STOP!!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Dec 25, 2009,
Hello everyone,

There are some demos of this amp on Marshall's website.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Hello everyone,

There are some demos of this amp on Marshall's website.

I think they sound pretty good. I hate basing an opinion on a video, but it looks to be a move in the right direction for Marshall IMO. Any word on release dates/prices in the States? I'd really like to try one out in person.
Yeah. Those demos give me hope. I hope its as good in person!

And I don't understand all the anti-marshall bandwagoning either...I like Marshall.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Marshall hasn't done anything terribly interesting since they put a master volume on the metal panel sometime in the late 70's or maybe the jubilee. Somehow I doubt that after two to three decades of 'meh' they'll suddenly produce something awesome.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
What I don't understand is why they modelled stuff like Marshall's OD pedals (which aren't that great), Haze and Mode Four.

They should have modelled more stuff like the JCM 900, Silver Jubilee, Plexis, JTM, ...
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by crazygnr1996
two days until the unveiling of the new slash head, now THATS what I wanna hear

+1
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
MG with different models? No thanks.

It could be a hybrid.

why does everybody say any new marshall amp that comes out is an "MG with.. <whatever features the amp may have>"? I mean, the current version of the MG series isn't a bad practice amp at any rate, it's just tied to the reputation of it's predecessors which were abysmal. If the JMD is a modelling amp that's about the same quality as the MG4 series, then it's probably a decent amp.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Page 1 of 3