I woke up this morning with a pain in the chest. Here's the exact situation, I was having a "nightmare" where I had to go to war. During the dream I was stressed, and I ended up fighting and running away(actually, swimming away). As I was swimming, I woke up and the pain was present. It's been an hour and a half now and it's still there.

The pain itself isn't atrocious or anything, it's more annoying(and freaking me out). I sense it when I take deep breathes. It's also straight in the middle of my chest, probably more towards my back. I suspect stress to be the cause, since what happened during the night. I'm now giving it a few hours before going to a clinic.

By the way, I'm a 23 man and a heavy smoker(weed and smokes). Althought being a smoker, this is the first time it happens in years.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I was shot in the chest once, and I also had terrible chest pains.

Not really.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Sometimes after i've been sleeping on my arm all night or something. I wouldn't worry about it.
If it's still present or worse in a day or two talk to your doctor.
I get that all the time, but it's to the front of my chest, and to either the right or the left.

You might have just strained a muscle or something.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
sounds like a sore muscle type thing since you feel it when you breathe deeply, possibly your diaphragm. I'd just give it a couple of days, see if it goes away. if not, then talk to a doctor.
Lol dude it's just pains from the stress in your dream.

Chill out, couple hours it's gone.
Quote by Antis0cial
Lol dude it's just pains from the stress in your dream.

Chill out, couple hours it's gone.

That's what I'm thinking too. But any doctor will tell you to not kid around with chest pains. It can go from ordinary muscle pains, to lungs infections to strokes, so you never know. When it happens to you, you might aswell take it seriously.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Spike6sic6
That's what I'm thinking too. But any doctor will tell you to not kid around with chest pains. It can go from ordinary muscle pains, to lungs infections to strokes, so you never know. When it happens to you, you might aswell take it seriously.

It happens to me couple times a week. And any real doctor will tell you that unless the pains last for couple of DAYS or when it's in your left arm you have a problem. Stroke at your age is very VERY unlikely.
Quote by Antis0cial
It happens to me couple times a week. And any real doctor will tell you that unless the pains last for couple of DAYS or when it's in your left arm you have a problem. Stroke at your age is very VERY unlikely.

I know, I'm not suspecting a stroke in my case or anything. Just saying that chest pains are symptoms for a LOT of problems, going from futile to very serious. That's why I'd rather take it a bit seriously. Neitherless, I'm gonna wait a day, see if it goes away.

Quote by ibzshredder
Ta tu essayé info-santé?

C'est quoi, un site, une ligne téléphonique? J'vais checker ca.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I wouldn't worry too much about the dream being related. when you feel anything in your sleep, your body compensates by making you dream up an explanation for that feeling, to help you stay asleep.
As for the pain, you say it gets worse when you breathe in, so it'll probably be some sort of virus affecting the muscles inbetween the ribs. I get this from time to time (costochondritus I think it's called). it's nothing really to worry about, it's more annoying than anything. when you push your ribs does it hurt? I suggest taking ibroprofen and seeing if that helps atall, and then go to a doctor.
feel better soon!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

e-married to isabiggles
Your dream sounds kickass. Except for the running part.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Quote by ibzshredder
8-1-1 c'est une ligne téléphonique

Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by miss-moose
I wouldn't worry too much about the dream being related. when you feel anything in your sleep, your body compensates by making you dream up an explanation for that feeling, to help you stay asleep.
As for the pain, you say it gets worse when you breathe in, so it'll probably be some sort of virus affecting the muscles inbetween the ribs. I get this from time to time (costochondritus I think it's called). it's nothing really to worry about, it's more annoying than anything. when you push your ribs does it hurt? I suggest taking ibroprofen and seeing if that helps atall, and then go to a doctor.
feel better soon!

Actually I don't really feel anything when I'm not breathing, it's when I'm inspiring that I feel it.

And no it doesn't hurt when I push my ribs. It's like inside.

Quote by BeerBlood
Your dream sounds kickass. Except for the running part.

Actually it kinda was, at least when I was kickin arses with a spear.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Dec 24, 2009,
happens everyday to me just take a really deep breath it may hurt but it should take it away
Quote by Spike6sic6
Actually I don't really feel anything when I'm not breathing, it's when I'm inspiring that I feel it.

And no it doesn't hurt when I push my ribs. It's like inside.

yeah, it would hurt when you're breathing in as your ribs are being pushed out and this causes the intercostal muscles to move. though as you say you feel it more inside, you should definitely get it checked out by a proffesional. though I'm not sure it sounds like it's stress induced, did the dream cause the feeling or did the feeling cause the dream? it's impossible to tell

e-married to isabiggles
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Yeah, I was just laying there trying to go to sleep when all of a sudd-HHHHHHHHHHNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Must be all the cat food.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Yeah, I was just laying there trying to go to sleep when all of a sudd-HHHHHHHHHHNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Is this who I think it is on your avatar? If so,

Quote by miss-moose
yeah, it would hurt when you're breathing in as your ribs are being pushed out and this causes the intercostal muscles to move. though as you say you feel it more inside, you should definitely get it checked out by a proffesional. though I'm not sure it sounds like it's stress induced, did the dream cause the feeling or did the feeling cause the dream? it's impossible to tell

Can't really tell. All I know is I was dreaming, then I suddently woke up and that's when I felt it.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Dec 24, 2009,
Quote by The Contagen
Quit smoking. Even if that isn't the problem.

Oh that has to be like, the first time I hear this. Worst, I've never actually thought about it myself.

/sarcasm
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Spike6sic6
Oh that has to be like, the first time I hear this. Worst, I've never actually thought about it myself.

/sarcasm

Cool it. Only looking after a fellow UGer's health.
Quote by The Contagen
Cool it. Only looking after a fellow UGer's health.

I believe you. Only you should be aware that smokers tend to get irritated at statements like that. Just so you know.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I sometimes get this, but I think it's related to the time I winded myself badly playing football (soccer). I fell on my back which forced the wind right out of me. After it happened I got pains in the middle of my chest fairly regularly but now I don't seem to get them anywhere near as often. So I wouldn't panic about it just yet.
1. you're a coward for running away, its a dream, man up
2. stop smoking as much or you're going to be having pains like this a lot more often
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by digman50
1. you're a coward for running away, its a dream, man up

It's not like you're supposed to be aware that it's a dream. If I knew it was one it probably woulda been different.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Your chest hurts so you ask the pit?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by GoIrish668
Your chest hurts so you ask the pit?

Asking if anyone has ever felt the same. It's not like I'm asking you for a diagnosis, am I?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

jeez you're grumpy. somebody needs a cigarette.

e-married to isabiggles
Possible lol, but I'd rather take it easy on smokes today. Sorry if I sound pissed or anything, I don't mean to.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

use Christmas eve as an excuse to drink. your chest may still hurt, but you wont care

e-married to isabiggles
Quote by miss-moose
use Christmas eve as an excuse to drink. your chest may still hurt, but you wont care

Lol it's not like I use excuses to drink lol. I drink beer every day. Not that I'm an alcoholic, I rarely get drunk. I'm starting to think it might just be my oeusophagus(sp?) due to what I ate/drinked yesterday. Made some noodles and might have used too much spices...

I drank two coffees in a row earlier today and it seemed to make it worse. Now I took a glass of water and it seems to be better.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.