I ordered a Bugera 1990 Classic amp head and cab from Guitar Center over the weekend. The cab arrived yesterday, but the head is backordered until the 1/4/2010. They now have a blemished 1990 head in stock that I could get an additional $50 off and get sooner.

What are your opinions on getting blemished items from GC as far as heads go?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
If it is just a cosmetic blem I wouldn't have a problem with it. After all, that gets the first one out of the way, just like the first scratch or dent in a new car. To be fair, however, I haven't seen the blem on your particular amp so you will have to decide what you can live with. Let us know how it works out.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Who cares how it looks, it's all about how it sounds
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
You should be able to to get more then 50 off, they cant sell it as new so I would try for 100.
It is online, they don't have any in the stores around here, so I do not know what teh blem is. It still has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

This is the blemish text:

Buy Blemished and Save!

Blemished items are customer returns, open box, ding n dents and re-stocked items. These items are in great condition and very similar to new, except for packaging that may show wear or may not be original. Not covered by manufacturer warranty, but covered by our 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Last edited by Rio38 at Dec 24, 2009,
I don't get why people care about cosmetics on amp heads... I can understand it with a guitar, but who cares what your amp looks like? Most likely nobody would notice it onstage anyway.
Blem goods are awesome.

I had a Dean Anniversary ML for about $300 less because it had a scuff buffed into the finish on the back of the guitar.

Who cares about the back of the guitar?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
When carrying my ENGL Savage into a rehearsal room recently i smashed the thing into a wall.......

Didnt get any blemishes on the head though, however i put a huge 3-5 inch crack in their wall, hope the studio feels the same way about blemishes that you guys do
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Very cool. Thanks people. I switched the order from the backordered to the blem and got some credit on my card.

I appreciate your help.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Quote by Talentless
When carrying my ENGL Savage into a rehearsal room recently i smashed the thing into a wall.......

Didnt get any blemishes on the head though, however i put a huge 3-5 inch crack in their wall, hope the studio feels the same way about blemishes that you guys do

lol
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
No way I would buy it without a warranty, I had 2 1990's quit in a 4 month time frame, needless to say I don't own a 1990 anymore. I traded it in for a 333XL that I played one day and I put it back in the box, it is for sell.
Bugera 333XL
Ampeg VH140c
Yeah, I don't see the point in buying mint heads/cabs. My cab is completely ****ed up, but I kinda like it that way.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
The problem with blem is soooometimes its only paint chip on the back of the guitar 1cm wide and sooometimes its like the entire fin of an explorer is snapped off. You never know til you get it.
^ eBay blems > silly music site blems. You get to see what you're buying.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Rio38
Very cool. Thanks people. I switched the order from the backordered to the blem and got some credit on my card.

I appreciate your help.

It's prolly just a open box item. I wouldn't worry to much. My 333 had alittle nick in it out of the box. you can see it but you can feel it. I didn't care cause it sounds good and works great.

Quote by DW#
No way I would buy it without a warranty, I had 2 1990's quit in a 4 month time frame, needless to say I don't own a 1990 anymore. I traded it in for a 333XL that I played one day and I put it back in the box, it is for sell.

You sound like a broken record my friend. I just checked your 70 posts and 60 of them are you talking about how you returned two 1990's and more recently how you hate your new 333xl.

IT's all good that you have a opinion but c'mon man you got takin care of on the bad 1990's (which you hardly mention) and are now on your third amp and you don't like it. That sounds like a personal problem.

Anyway how much you want for the 333xl ?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Well your numbers are a little off my friend, but thats ok. You must have missed my earlier posts on youtube praising the first 1990 before it quit, thats ok too. Yes I have been spreading the word on my experience with Bugera's, I got 2 bad 1990's and 1 bad 333 in 5 months.

No one loves better to get a good deal on something than me and I buy things everyday just because they are a good buy, and I would have loved to see these amps work out. But they didn't. Yes I have always mentioned that they (the store) have replaced them. The last one took 2 weeks to come in.

Money is hard to come by for most people and I don't want to see anyone end up in the same mess. I can afford it, but many can not.

My advice to everyone in the market for a amp, save a little extra for something better or shop for a good used unit. While I was waiting for the last Bugera (333XL) to come in, I bought a Marshall JCM2000 TSL on Ebay for $585 shipped to my door. I have exactly $586 with tax in the 333XL, And I can tell you hands down that with the same cabinet (JCM900 1960) and the same guitars the Marshall is in a completely different league all together. They are not even close. Everyone that has heard them back to back agrees.

I will take $400 + shipping for the 333XL, It is brand new with all of the paper work, pedal, box everything. I am taking a bath on it.
Bugera 333XL
Ampeg VH140c
Quote by ChucklesMginty
No warranty? I would've said no.

Not because it's Bugera, but with any amp..

they might still give you some kind of protection. I just bought a used bugera 2x12 from gc and for an extra 20 bucks I got two years of protection on my cab. If it gets dropped and breaks they replace it.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by DW#
Well your numbers are a little off my friend, but thats ok. You must have missed my earlier posts on youtube praising the first 1990 before it quit, thats ok too. Yes I have been spreading the word on my experience with Bugera's, I got 2 bad 1990's and 1 bad 333 in 5 months.

No one loves better to get a good deal on something than me and I buy things everyday just because they are a good buy, and I would have loved to see these amps work out. But they didn't. Yes I have always mentioned that they (the store) have replaced them. The last one took 2 weeks to come in.

Money is hard to come by for most people and I don't want to see anyone end up in the same mess. I can afford it, but many can not.

My advice to everyone in the market for a amp, save a little extra for something better or shop for a good used unit. While I was waiting for the last Bugera (333XL) to come in, I bought a Marshall JCM2000 TSL on Ebay for $585 shipped to my door. I have exactly $586 with tax in the 333XL, And I can tell you hands down that with the same cabinet (JCM900 1960) and the same guitars the Marshall is in a completely different league all together. They are not even close. Everyone that has heard them back to back agrees.

I will take $400 + shipping for the 333XL, It is brand new with all of the paper work, pedal, box everything. I am taking a bath on it.

+12431643164