Alright, I got this idea for a game last night.

Start with a song, then search for a cover of that song which completely changes it into a new genre. The next poster then takes the genre that they ended with, and finds a cover of a different song which changes it into a new genre. Unless the songs are well known, try to include youtube (or other) links with your posts.

Please, make this an ONGOING thing, so that the posts form a continuous game that leads from one post to the next.

Here are some examples, cause I know my directions suck

Post 1:
Folk ----> Rock
"All Along the Watchtowers"
Bob Dylan ----> Jimi Hendrix

Post 2:
Rock ----> Classical
"Bohemian Rhapsody"
Queen ----> Edgar Cruz

Post 3:
Classical ----> Techno
"Toccata and Fugue in D Minor"
Bach ----> J.T. 1UP (from DDR)

etc etc. Notice how the posts continue from the previous posts.

As you can see, sampling is allowed, but only if you can't find an actual cover of anything. Also, you can be broad or specific with your genres, but try not to be a jerk about it. :P Finally, try to make these somewhat serious covers, the occasional ironic cover is okay, but ONLY IN GOOD TASTE. Try to find covers that are paying respects to other genres, not making fun of them.

I think it could be fun and it could open up some new ppl to new genres. So, I'll start off.

Rock ----> Bluegrass
"Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground"
The White Stripes ----> Chris Thile
Last edited by nmitchell076 at Dec 24, 2009,
Really great idea, man. Unfortunately, I'm not very well vesed in cover songs.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Ok but there needs to be a rule, no "zomg so funny cuz its ironic" covers. Those piss me off, plus everyone could just post Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies songs if that was allowed.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
oops i did it again
britney -> CoB
pop to.. some form of power/speed metal with harsh vocals
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Rock------>Progressive Thrash Metal

Jimi Hendrix--->Coroner
Purple Haze
Hey guys, just so its clear, I wanted this to be a "quote the user above and continue on" kinda game with continuity. Where you take the genre that the first person ENDS with and find a different song in that same genre. Then, take that song, find a cover, and post it.

So that there is actually a GAME going on here, and not just posting stuff.
I read the title as gender swap.

I is dissapoint.
Quote by RU Experienced? , bass-man9712

Quote by DecaPodge
I love you.