Ok, I found a great deal on an '86 JCM 800 (2204, 50 watts) on the netz. I'm probably going to buy it with Christmas money (HNAD to me). The problem is the only speaker I have is a 10" rated at 30 watts in my Valvetronix combo. How loud will I be able to turn up the 800 before the speaker blows? Should I risk blowing it so I can hear my new baby?

Also, what things should I check/look for when I try the amp out (I'll be picking it up in person) to be sure its in good working condition and all?

Thanks in advance all!

EDIT: Anyone else seeing this, would I still run the risk of blowing them if I kept the volume at minimal levels, E.G. 1?

Last edited by EMGPWNS at Dec 24, 2009,
I'd look for a real cheap, used cab in your area to tide you over until you can get something better. That 30W might do the trick but, if you turn it up too much and it blows, your output transformer will be the next thing to go.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I'd look for a real cheap, used cab in your area to tide you over until you can get something better. That 30W might do the trick but, if you turn it up too much and it blows, your output transformer will be the next thing to go.

Alright, thanks.

Personally i'd spend the money on a cab with atleast a 50 watt speaker in it.

Just to be safe ya know!
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
Quote by EMGPWNS
Ok, I found a great deal on an '86 JCM 800 (2204, 50 watts) on the netz. I'm probably going to buy it with Christmas money (HNAD to me). The problem is the only speaker I have is a 10" rated at 30 watts in my Valvetronix combo. How loud will I be able to turn up the 800 before the speaker blows? Should I risk blowing it so I can hear my new baby?

Also, what things should I check/look for when I try the amp out (I'll be picking it up in person) to be sure its in good working condition and all?

Thanks in advance all!

That is a ghetto rig idea. I would just do it right and get a cheap dedicated cab for the interim. You will be sfaer for your head and speakers. Good luck with the 800 Hnad.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by ChuggyMcBr00tlz
That is a ghetto rig idea. I would just do it right and get a cheap dedicated cab for the interim. You will be safer for your head and speakers. Good luck with the 800 Hnad.

Thanks, thats exactly what I would do if I had the money. Thanks for the other info too.

EDIT: Anyone else seeing this, would I still run the risk of blowing them if I kept the volume at minimal levels, E.G. 1?

Last edited by EMGPWNS at Dec 24, 2009,