Page 1 of 3
Last night, I had a rather odd dream. I won't go into full detail, but driving down my street in my car, I said to myself, "God is here, I know it," and immediately this white flash in the center of my street got really bright, then shot up. I looked out the driver's side window, and the shiny light was high up in the air and went behind a set of trees.

I woke up like Holy Shit I just saw God.

It was messed up.
Thoughts?
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
I think you had a dream.
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
You now have brain cancer.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
There was no message, all people who 'see God' in their dreams receive a message and become street preachers. Dream is dream.

Quote by ext1jdh

Quote by ext1jdh

Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Why am I not surprised by the Pit's responses?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I think it means that deep down you want a god to exist so bad that you came up with a nice illusion to fool yourself.
It is said that God is love. Every human being on the face of the earth has or is searching for a way to forfill their need for love, that gapping hole in their heart. Most try girls or guys and when that doesn't work they filter down into money, plain sex, or even music to try and fill the spot. The only thing is, to aquire those things it takes energy from us, it takes our effort to bring these things to their full potiential.

With Christ's sacrifce He has GIVEN the ultimite love... thats why faith is so importent, if you believe that the single most powerful man on the planet lived a sinless life and choose to die so that you could live then you have chosen to belive that you have been given an inconcievable amount of love... with that belief, that God shapped hoel in your heart is filled which frees you to purse relationships, music, ect already knowing that no matter what happens you already have all the love you need.

Like every other human being you're longing for a love that lasts longer than self destructive relationships and the fluxuating value of the doller and since you're looking, God is trying to get your attention... but He won't force you to believe that you are unconditionally loved, thats something you need to choose.
Quote by D.I.R.T.
It is said that God is love. Every human being on the face of the earth has or is searching for a way to forfill their need for love, that gapping hole in their heart. Most try girls or guys and when that doesn't work they filter down into money, plain sex, or even music to try and fill the spot. The only thing is, to aquire those things it takes energy from us, it takes our effort to bring these things to their full potiential.

With Christ's sacrifce He has GIVEN the ultimite love... thats why faith is so importent, if you believe that the single most powerful man on the planet lived a sinless life and choose to die so that you could live then you have chosen to belive that you have been given an inconcievable amount of love... with that belief, that God shapped hoel in your heart is filled which frees you to purse relationships, music, ect already knowing that no matter what happens you already have all the love you need.

Like every other human being you're longing for a love that lasts longer than self destructive relationships and the fluxuating value of the doller and since you're looking, God is trying to get your attention... but He won't force you to believe that you are unconditionally loved, thats something you need to choose.
Although I agree, that sounds pretty preachy and will not be taken well by people in the Pit.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Lay off the acid and cheese before bed, old bean.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
^^
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Quote by D.I.R.T.

Please, please do not use this forum as a medium for advertising your religion.

Quote by D.I.R.T.

sorry man. But "faith based on absolutely no evidence" doesn't work for all of us
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

It was the Lizard men dropping Obama off from a conference on the planet of Anuksi.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by D.I.R.T.

hm.

i disagree.

i'm perfectly content without religion. i don't like the idea of Jesus dying for people who haven't been born yet. i don't think he needed to die, yet he apparently died for me. what a guilt trip. it's like turning down a bad christmas gift.

how fitting of the season.

but thank you for the offer, Oral.
Quote by Pedalboard
Last night, I had a rather odd dream. I won't go into full detail, but driving down my street in my car, I said to myself, "God is here, I know it," and immediately this white flash in the center of my street got really bright, then shot up. I looked out the driver's side window, and the shiny light was high up in the air and went behind a set of trees.

I woke up like Holy Shit I just saw God.

It was messed up.
Thoughts?

hmm...sounds like you drank a wee too much expired milk
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by D.I.R.T.

That takes some guts to do.

Better prepare your flame shield, son.
I always thought the "Christ Sacrifice" thing concurrent with ultimate love disturbing.
Quote by ieatu
I always thought the "Christ Sacrifice" thing concurrent with ultimate love disturbing.

ehh, religious people (atleast western religions) are way too obsessed with death for me to be affiliated with any of them
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

I once dreamed that I was being chased by a pack of dogs made of chocolate, that doesn't mean that animated chocolate dogs exist though.
I believe the keyword in this story ladies and gentlemen is " dream ".
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I once dreamed that I was being chased by a pack of dogs made of chocolate, that doesn't mean that animated chocolate dogs exist though.

You can still dream, though, right? Hmmmmmmmmmm, chocolate.
TS, if you really think that's what it is then roll with it. Believe what you want to and don't let us change your mind if it's what you want.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Slacker has a point. It seems kinda "Deeeerp", but just because you dreamed it doesn't make it real.

And what was the sign?

Edit: Also, inb4 screenshot from the Simpsons episode where Homer is dreaming of the land of chocolate and eats the chocolate dog.

Quote by TheBurningFish
Slacker has a point. It seems kinda "Deeeerp", but just because you dreamed it doesn't make it real.

How many people here have dreamed of an actual real event? The majority of peoples dreams would seem to be completely fictional, so this leaves us with no reason to trust dreams to accurately convey reality
Quote by SlackerBabbath
How many people here have dreamed of an actual real event? The majority of peoples dreams would seem to be completely fictional, so this leaves us with no reason to trust dreams to accurately convey reality

What if dreams are another reality from when we sleep and in the dream world we wake up?
You can regard this post as "derp".
Quote by ieatu
What if dreams are another reality from when we sleep and in the dream world we wake up?
You can regard this post as "derp".

Donnie Darko?
Seriously, we can interpret anything however you want to.
It can be ET or the Moon. Or acid.

Believe whatever you want to, man.
Quote by mental_zer0
Donnie Darko?

No, but if it has that concept, I may enjoy watching the movie. I know it's a cult film, but that's it.
Quote by ieatu

There's no evidence to suggest that such a thing is even possible, let alone that it's probable.
Quote by ieatu
No, but if it has that concept, I may enjoy watching the movie. I know it's a cult film, but that's it.

It's generally considered cool and edgey, mostly by people that didn't understand the plot. But I think the point is that the protagonist doesn't understand what's going on, so neither should you.

It's worth a watch, I guess.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
There's no evidence to suggest that such a thing is even possible, let alone that it's probable.

Well I've yet to see any evidence of the existence of Burnley

or Canada, actually. I have a theory that Canada is an elaborate hoax.

Last edited by TheBurningFish at Dec 24, 2009,
Page 1 of 3