Hey guys, I am a sophmore in college and as of now am enrolled in mech engineering. However, I think it is a little too much for me as I struggled this semester with grades. Anyways, Im pretty sure Im gonna have to switch majors, but dont really know what I want to switch to. Anyways, I obviously want to do something I enjoy, but I also want to be realistic and choose a career path that I can support a family with. I know you dont know me or what I like, but just throw some possible careers and their outlooks or experiences you have had with them. Also, I go to NC state if that helps. Thanks for any help.
comp tech is good from what i hear
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
I was originally I physics major, planning to get a masters in engineering, but after the first semester I knew I couldn't handle it. I then switched to business. You might want to try that. Although I'm now wishing I had chosen psychology or something like that...
Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting.... All will position you for a solid job after college. None of these are fun like majoring in golf course management, but the money is good.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by yamakid17
Hey guys, I am a sophmore in college and as of now am enrolled in mech engineering.

?!

Quote by LEPIV
Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting.... All will position you for a solid job after college. None of these are fun like majoring in golf course management, but the money is good.

at my university the pro golf management is housed in the business college so you kinda dabble in all aspects of a business major. my major, music industry management, is also like that. not a whole lot of fun but it gives good job security
I think everyone struggles in engineering, its just a given. So I would personally keep going with it unless you think its an absolute must. But if so, I would look towards accounting or finance in the business school as safe alternatives.
If you stick with mechanical engineering, you will realize that it was very much worth it. But if you poop out now because it was too hard and you didn't put the time into it because you wanted have fun instead, or plain just weren't determined enough, you will regret it.
My gpa is like .2 below the required gpa to matriculate... My decision to switch was made for me
i switched from theology to communications to english to finally arrive at music at the beginning of my third semester. hope that helps ...
#DTWD
go be an electrical engineer.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Take a psychology class or so and see how you like it, it is a very interseting topic, and it pays very well in the real world
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Don't quit just because the going gets rough. Remember that engineering is what differentiates the boys from the men. Nothing worthwhile is simple or easy to grasp at first.

But if you're certain that this was not the path you were meant to take then make your change. What is it that interests you outside of mathematics and science?
Was a Physics major, but now I've switched over to Philosophy, Politics and Law, a degree path I have more passion in. Think about what subjects in high school you did well in BECAUSE you enjoyed them, and that's a good place to start.

Otherwise you can think endgame - think of what kind of jobs you could imagine yourself having and enjoying, then work backwards and figure out what degree(s) would get you there.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Prototype4342
go be an electrical engineer.

or just major in electromechanical engineering as i do