I have already posted a discussion about what chords make you happy and sad and what emotions they bring to you and I got a reply from someone saying that most of them are pretty much the same and that fact that I'm missing lots of chords. Im a beginner guitarist when it comes to theory so please excuse that.

But what I want to know is what emotions do these chords here bring to you? Do they remind you of past events?

Cmaj
Cmaj7
Cmaj9
cmaj11
Cmaj13
Cmaj9#11
Cmaj13#11
C6

Dmaj
Dmaj7
Dmaj9
Dmaj11
Dmaj13
Dmaj9#11
Dmaj13#11

So to wrap it up, can you list what emotion, mood each of these chords bring to you?
Please, its for a science project.
Aspiring guitarist, looking for all of the info I can get.
These chords individually bring very little emotion. It's their combination with other chords and melodies that brings out the emotion within them.

Even the melody surrounding the chords doesn't give a total picture as to their emotions, ever heard a cover song done in a totally different style (or very badly)? same chords and melody but a totally different emotion is conveyed (or fails to be conveyed). It will always be the emotion put 'into' a chord rather than the chord itself which defines its sound.
Quote by doive
These chords individually bring very little emotion. It's their combination with other chords and melodies that brings out the emotion within them.

Even the melody surrounding the chords doesn't give a total picture as to their emotions, ever heard a cover song done in a totally different style (or very badly)? same chords and melody but a totally different emotion is conveyed (or fails to be conveyed). It will always be the emotion put 'into' a chord rather than the chord itself which defines its sound.

Agreed.

Some songs can make major chords sound dissonant. Some songs can make diminished chords sound happy. It depends on the context the chord is put in.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
You would need to give us voicings anyways. The thirteenth chords are going to sound terrible if they're fully voiced and closed voiced, but if some notes are omitted, and their voiced right they can sound amazing. Different chords will have different feels with different voicings, and will as thus bring different moods.
Quote by GoIrish668
Agreed.

Some songs can make major chords sound dissonant. Some songs can make diminished chords sound happy. It depends on the context the chord is put in.

Exactly.

The start of this piece is two major chords ( C and F#) yet they do not sound happy at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4eOu7YeXTY