I have a 5150 halfstack that I run through various guitars, I have a furman eq in the loop, And a ns-2 and a Zw od in front of the amp, and a power entenuator. My tone is, well I dont know, mushy, muddy, not very tight i guess, I was wondering if there were anyways you guys know of to improve, A compressor maybe? I'm pretty new to rack units and pedals, Thanks
I have the mids at about seven on my amp, and then their pretty scooped on the eq, my OD is in the loop off my Ns-2 that is infront of the amp.
What is your gain at on the amp and the settings on the OD?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
look into a bdx 266xl compressor/gate if you add a BBE sonic maximizer on top of that you will sound 10 times better.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
I like to keep the amp gain at around 3.5 or 4 the pedal is either at 12:00 or cranked depending on what i am playing, Usally I play LoG stuff
Quote by GuitarGrenades
I like to keep the amp gain at around 3.5 or 4 the pedal is either at 12:00 or cranked depending on what i am playing, Usally I play LoG stuff

Set the gain on the pedal to 0 and the volume to max.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by iceh88
look into a bdx 266xl compressor/gate if you add a BBE sonic maximizer on top of that you will sound 10 times better.

how Would i go about setting up a compressor/gate, I hear its alittle bit difficult