So I need to find a memoir for a project for my AP English class. I wanted to use Get in the Van by Henry Rollins, but my teacher said it wouldn't be the best choice because most of the book is in journal format (whereas in a true memoir the author is looking back and remembering). Does anybody have any suggestions for a good memoir written by a notable (or not so notable) punx? Thanks in advance!
you could try I, Shithead A Life in Punk
written by the lead singer of DOA
wait what...Prince is still here?
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
I wonder if all the old regs are gonna rise up and retake the punk forum.

Nah, that'd never happen. They're all too cool for the internet.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Either 'Poisoned Heart/Lobotomy: Surviving the Ramones' or 'Last Testament of a Rock Star' by Dee Dee Ramone.
Quote by axeslash
I wonder if all the old regs are gonna rise up and retake the punk forum.

Nah, that'd never happen. They're all too cool for the internet.

I'm not. But you'd allready say that about me any ways so it's not like I'm revealing something new.

Drink ouzo.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern
I'm not. But you'd allready say that about me any ways so it's not like I'm revealing something new.

Drink ouzo.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no. I cannot stand anything that can be described as "anise-flavored."
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I know of a few memoirs you'd probably enjoy that aren't necessarily done by punx (as in people from punk bands) but definitely from interesting people, some of whom even wrote books I'd call great. Let me know if you're interested in those, I guess? They're pretty punx, just not specifically about so-and-so from band X, y'knowutimsayin?
DOWN&OUT
Quote by anarkee
Dee Dee's books are a good read, but rather sad in many, many ways.

Haha I read one of them and I remember that while reading, as entertaining as it was, I kept thinking "you can't possibly remember that much detail Dee Dee! you took waaay too many drugs!"

You're right though, they're good entertainment (when they're not sad).
DOWN&OUT
I actually met Dee Dee several times. He was a great guy, but extremely screwed up to say the least.

Another interesting read is Redemption Song:The Ballad of Joe Strummer. Very detailed but gets a bit preachy in parts.