I have a Vox 2 button footswitch. I use it with my new Peavey Valveking only for switching between Lead and Clean. Unfortunately, when I switch from lead to clean, for a second or two, the volume boosts to ear piercing levels. Then it goes back to whatever I have it set to. This problem did NOT happen on my Peavey Classic 30. It also does not happen when I go from clean to lead. only from lead to clean.

I need to fix this before our show on the 9th because I'm afraid if I'm at high volume when I do it I will blow a speaker (the volume spikes up to about 7 or 8 when I'm set to 1).

Another note: It only does it about 10-15 times after I turn the amp on. If I cycle through the channels for a while it will go back to normal and act fine.
Quote by kirky boy
return the pedal and get a new one that you can try first.

I've had this Vox pedal forever (bought it used) and it worked fine with my old Peavey which is a similar amp to my VK.
Does it do the same thing when you use switch channels using the switches on the amp? Or is it just with the pedal? Both?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Does it do the same thing when you use switch channels using the switches on the amp? Or is it just with the pedal? Both?

Good call. I just tried, and it does it when I switch the amp button as well. Any ideas?
Quote by drewfromutah
Good call. I just tried, and it does it when I switch the amp button as well. Any ideas?

You said it's fairly new so you might as well try taking it to the store and see if they'll replace it, or if they can work a good deal on fixing it for you
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
You said it's fairly new so you might as well try taking it to the store and see if they'll replace it, or if they can work a good deal on fixing it for you

+1
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣