Page 1 of 2
When Luke shot his proton whatever into the death star how did he and the rest of the X-wings manage to get far enough out in time to where they weren't killed in the explosion.

And that goes for the second Death Star too. Only thats even more unbelievable as they were inside the thing when they blew up the core. How did they get out in time and then out of reach of the massive explosion.
Just a hunch but I think there may be another place for Star Wars fans to talk on the internet.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Ludicrous Speed
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Venice King
Just a hunch but I think there may be another place for Star Wars fans to talk on the internet.

Quote by Dirge Humani
Considering the lack of an atmosphere in space, the explosion of the Death Star would not be as extravagant as portrayed in the film, and there wouldn't be much aftershock far out either.
This; fire needs oxygen to burn, and explosions need some form of matter to continue moving.
TS is without innovative spirit.

I find his lack of faith disturbing.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
I'm more concerned with the independent contractors and construction crews that died in the second death star, a la Clerks.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Dec 24, 2009,
Hmmm, a science fiction film that isn't totally feasable and realistic. STOP THE PRESSES!
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm more concerned with the independent contractors and construction crews that died in the second death star, a la Clerks.

Fixed
Quote by whitenihilist
Fixed

Bah! Got it confused with the 'three hours of walking' LOTR discussion that's in Clerks II. My bad!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
So you question him being a little speedier than originally thought but the swords made of light, getting people to do what they want and making things levitate with their minds doesn't even phase you?

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by El Hilliaro
So you question him being a little speedier than originally thought but the swords made of light, getting people to do what they want and making things levitate with their minds doesn't even phase you?

Swords made of light are ENTIRELY possible.

All you need are crystals from the Adega system, DUH.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by georgakis187
Swords made of light are ENTIRELY possible.

All you need are crystals from the Adega system, DUH.

How the hell did I forget this

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Considering the lack of an atmosphere in space, the explosion of the Death Star would not be as extravagant as portrayed in the film, and there wouldn't be much aftershock far out either.
It was long ago in a galaxy far, far away, okay people? Geez.....
it took awhile for the torpedos to reach the core and in the original, unremastered film the explosion wasnt as big. the second time it exploded it was only like half finished so the explosion wasnt as powerful and maybe the millennium falcon was faster than an x-wing.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
I, too, watch Star Wars for the realism.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Dec 24, 2009,
Quote by element4433
I too watch Star Wars for the realism.

this

you started to call into question the validity of the Star Wars universe at the Death Star scene????

because X-wings, faster than light space travel, ****, EVERYTHING seems legit?

it's sci-fi, people. let it be.
It's called wireless communication. We have it in real-life too. Proton Torpedos aren't faster than light(Neither is an X-wing for that matter I don't think), so there was time to shout "Get the fuck away!" in Episode IV. As for the second Death Star, didn't they sort of get a forewarning from Billy Dee Williams as he was escaping?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 9-7
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 164-91-1
think about how big the deathstar is (bigger than a moon :-P)....it had to have taken a while for the missile to reach the core...
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by element4433
I, too, watch Star Wars for the realism.

I see what you did there.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
well, like every movie, the protagonist and his friends are always given extra time to live, and the death star, being as large as it is, requires some time to explode.

i think another death star should be constructed. one that does not have one small weak spot on the outside. hell, i think we can get away with putting a weak spot in an internal area.

hm, power options, people. how can we power an object so large and deadly. the technology is quite old, as the events in star wars happened a long long time ago.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
well, like every movie, the protagonist and his friends are always given extra time to live, and the death star, being as large as it is, requires some time to explode.

i think another death star should be constructed. one that does not have one small weak spot on the outside. hell, i think we can get away with putting a weak spot in an internal area.

hm, power options, people. how can we power an object so large and deadly. the technology is quite old, as the events in star wars happened a long long time ago.

A death star powered by solar energy, no oblivious weak points on the outside, but a self-destruct button on the inside.

I sense another blockbuster.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by JacobLampman
A death star powered by solar energy, no oblivious weak points on the outside, but a self-destruct button on the inside.

I sense another blockbuster.

no self destruct button you swine! then those pesky rebels will try to kill our precious creation again!
Quote by mental_zer0
this

you started to call into question the validity of the Star Wars universe at the Death Star scene????

because X-wings, faster than light space travel, ****, EVERYTHING seems legit?

it's sci-fi, people. let it be.

well, they can travel faster than the speed of light since scientists increased the speed of light in 2208.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39

Build it AROUND a star, like a Dyson Sphere.

Then it will literally be a Death STAR.
Page 1 of 2