The majority of what I play is metalcore thrash, usually in drop c/d standard. I'm playing through a Behringer GX210 V-Tone. Need some more kick. Also looking at digitech RP pedals, maybe 155?
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
definitely not a big muff...

mxr fullbore metal sounds like crap. i would pick up a barber dirty bomb, or do it tr00 thrash and get either a tubescreamer or a rat.
Er, I meant metal muff. Sorry. I called GC looking for used metal muffs and the dude tried convincing me to buy the fullbore. Said it had more gain out of "every pedal ever made." His horrid attempts at pitching a product kinda turned me off on it but the sucker in me let my mind wander and perhaps.. believe a salesmen. :O
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

The fullbore metal pedal is terrible. Big muffs aren't what your looking for either. The digitech metal master is a great pedal. Check that one out.
R.I.P foREVer
I actually meant the metal muff. To be specific, Electro Harmonix Metal Muff with Top Boost.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Quote by ReinventingEvil
I actually meant the metal muff. To be specific, Electro Harmonix Metal Muff with Top Boost.

I've heard mixed reviews of them. I've personally have never played them, so i would advise you to play one if you can. I know the metal master is good because my friend has one.
R.I.P foREVer
Well, here are all the ones I'm looking at.

Metal muff w/ top boost
MXR Fullbore metal
Krank Distortus Maximus Distortion Pedal
Coffin Case BDFX-1 Blood Drive Distortion Pedal
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar
Line 6 ToneCore Uber Metal Distortion Pedal
Boss ML-2 Metal Core Distortion Pedal
Electro-Harmonix XO Micro Metal Muff Distortion Guitar

So much optios.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

NOT the Metal Zone--I played one of those for a long time and it was not good at all, I got a similar but tighter sound out of a BBE American Metal that cost less than half as much. Other than that, I don't really know.
Well I like the metal muff. Very versatile for the price. And out of that list I have played the Metal zone (can get 1 or 2 nice tones but besides that it sucks) and the digitech.

I would still take the metal muff. If u take some time and learn how to tweak it it's pretty good.
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
What's your budget? Look into some of Keeley and Analogman Modded DS1s and MT2s.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by ReinventingEvil
Bout 100 bucks.

oh, then check out the Hardwire TL2. heard nothing but good thing about that pedal.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
oh, then check out the Hardwire TL2. heard nothing but good thing about that pedal.

This. A thousand times this. While I don't have too much say in this (only distortion I owned before this was a Boss OS-2), the TL-2 is amazing. It can get a good range of some amazing distortions. I've tried out other distortions at Guitar Center and such, but the TL-2 is the best to me. It also sounds amazing with other pedals, unlike my OS-2 which didn't sound bad with other pedals, but not as good as the TL-2.

But get some other opinions, too. Like I said, I don't really have a lot of experience giving distortions through their runs.