I'm looking for a lightweight guitar, and i've become fond of the SG shape... anyone know a quality guitar company that makes light SG shape guitars? Worst case scenario I'll get a faded, but I want a black SG in an affordable range ($600 max) preferrably without a pickguard, and i already know about LTD vipers but want to see what else is out there
Last edited by Giles92 at Dec 24, 2009,
An Epiphone G400 in Ebony, and take the pickguard off?

Or maybe even an Epiphone Prophecy SG or G400 or whatever they're called. The black one has EMGs though, which I'm not sure if you like.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i would recomend a Tokai SG they are great in both tone and quality
Others accuse me of being evil when I'm just thinking differently
Epi should have some nice black ones. I think the Prophecy series SGs are about $600 or so, and have some nice pickups in 'em too. ESP Vipers are pretty good guitars, some of em have EMGs stock.
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Quote by Ippon
MIJ Epi and Burny SGs!

Bit OT here but... I normally dislike SGs but i'm SERIOUSLY digging that black one :p
Epi g400s are good for the price. Tony iommi is sick. 24 frets and Gibson iommi pick ups. The faded sgs aren't bad guitars. Could also always buy nitro black paint and paint your guitar.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
SG Classic if you like P-90s and sex with beautiful women
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
There's a slight chance you could find a used Gibson SG Special for as low as $600 on eBay or similar. I like ESP/LTD Vipers quite a bit, myself.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Ippon
MIJ Epi and Burny SGs!

that white one is sexy
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.