Hey all, Happy Xmas to nz! :3

My first guitar has been a bit of a joke when it comes to how to get it done due to the lack of equipment we have available, so i was wondering, would using a hot wire to burn a hole through to the control cavity suffice or be a good idea?

oh and i got a black mosquito net from my sister ha!
Quote by prodcake
would using a hot wire to burn a hole through to the control cavity suffice or be a good idea?
No.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
right, going to suggest a different idea? because i dont have the cash to buy a angle driver piece.
Nope. I'm just gonna tell you a hot wire won't work.
I drill between cavities. Maybe you can find an alternative idea that might work. But this isn't it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The hot wire trick might work on something thin. But trying to "burn" a 1/4" dia passage thru that much wood is asking for alot more smoke and flames than can be delt with just one fire extinguisher.

You dont need a fancy drill. Just a really long drill bit. I bought a 12" bit at the hardware store for 7$.
when i get some change together i'l look into it although i was asking because i need to drill between the 3 pickup cavities as well as the control cavity which both are, at the moment, on too much of a small angle to drill easily

EDIT: I should have said how i was going to do it, i would use a thin wire, burn a hole through it with that wire, then go again when it has cooled off with a slightly larger wire until i get the desired size for the conductor wires to fit through.
Last edited by prodcake at Dec 24, 2009,
I hate to be a downer, prodcake, but there's no way that'll work.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
ha oh well, i guess i'l have to fork out some cash for a drill peice, was my dads idea in the first place xD was why i was asking xD
i know that already... i have just been unable to get a long drill piece haha