or song, i'm tired of just knowing little riffs but i just can't seem to find a song thats not too hard, not too easy, not too short, or not too long.
any help?
Something a little or more above Fade to black (1st solo)
Metallica - Enter Sandman.

riffs are easy, solo is easy, fills are easy.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Try the second solo. It's not too hard.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
is there a song that can be played without the drums and vocals just guitar and sound good,
without it sounding like your just repeating stuff?
Try Suicide and Solution by Metallica. Fun song to play, and the third solo can be done with some work.
Second solo to Fade to Black. It's not that hard and I learned it right after the first one. it's mostly pentatonic with some fast passages thrown in.

Quote by koikomoru
Try Suicide and Solution by Metallica. Fun song to play, and the third solo can be done with some work.

He means Suicide and Redemption and he's right. It's fun to play and not hard.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Last edited by maidenfan15 at Dec 24, 2009,
Quote by Nikkokami
is there a song that can be played without the drums and vocals just guitar and sound good,

I'm sorry, there is no one who repeats him/herself more than a guitar player. Here's a triangle.

Through the Fire and Flames
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Nikkokami

You pretty much need a rhythm(spelling?) section to sound good soloing. That's one of the main points of drums, bass and rhythm guitar in the first place.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
no originality in these anymore ugh. no one cares what solo you learn next.
my hovercraft is full of eels
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
no originality in these anymore ugh. no one cares what solo you learn next.

Why do you bother posting
Yeah, solos usually don't sound great by themselves, but I know what you mean when you say riffs get repetitive.
May I suggest something along the lines of "Under the Bridge" by RHCP, "Yellow Ledbetter" by Pearl Jam, or Hendrix's "Little Wing"? Those go in order from easiest to a bit harder.
They all have a similar Hendrix style that isn't too tough, and they're good songs to learn all the way through.
Quote by Nikkokami
Why do you bother posting

why did you?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
why did you?

To learn answer to the question I asked.

It's not possible for me to know what solo is the best to learn, because i haven't learn them, maybe someone who has more experience can tell, that's why i posted.
Quote by Nikkokami

It's not possible for me to know what solo is the best to learn, because i haven't learn them, maybe someone who has more experience can tell, that's why i posted.

Well, what do you like, and how would you rate your experience?
Quote by Nikkokami

Start learning to play fingerstyle
Quote by Nikkokami

oh im sorry. i didnt realize i knew everything about your skills and had the power to tell you what to play. or maybe you could just google some bands similar to what you already like and learn that. yeah that one sounds good. besides im sure that this has been done over and over and over again. search it.
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
oh im sorry. i didnt realize i knew everything about your skills and had the power to tell you what to play. or maybe you could just google some bands similar to what you already like and learn that. yeah that one sounds good. besides im sure that this has been done over and over and over again. search it.

I never said you did, and yeah i did check them out before I posted nothing really for me, look i just wanted a little help to look for some solo's it's not like i'm forcing you to reply i just wanted see what other people thought about what solo i should learn next.

Sorry if i sounded rude i didn't mean to.
Quote by ieatu
Well, what do you like, and how would you rate your experience?

Well you know, the obvious one's would be Black Sabbath, and Metallica.
And then Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Pantera, System of a Down, Tool, Three Days Grace, and really a lot more but this should be enough to get at least 1 solo
Quote by Nikkokami
Well you know, the obvious one's would be Black Sabbath, and Metallica.
And then Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Pantera, System of a Down, Tool, Three Days Grace, and really a lot more but this should be enough to get at least 1 solo

Well, learn a Black Sabbath song. There's tons of great songs with epic riffs and relatively easy solos. Same with Led Zeppelin. Take it one at a time. Is there any particular Black Sabbath song that you think would be in your reach?
Quote by ieatu
Well, learn a Black Sabbath song. There's tons of great songs with epic riffs and relatively easy solos. Same with Led Zeppelin. Take it one at a time. Is there any particular Black Sabbath song that you think would be in your reach?

i got a hal leonard We sold our soul for rock and roll black sabbath tab book if that helps.
Which in your opinion would be the best to learn?
Quote by Nikkokami
i got a hal leonard We sold our soul for rock and roll black sabbath tab book if that helps.
Which in your opinion would be the best to learn?

The first song, Black Sabbath. It's so epic, yet so easy. Sweet Leaf is also a good one.
I'd start off with Black Sabbath, though. Reference Youtube for the song if you don't have it already.

Here.
Quote by ieatu
The first song, Black Sabbath. It's so epic, yet so easy. Sweet Leaf is also a good one.
I'd start off with Black Sabbath, though. Reference Youtube for the song if you don't have it already.

Here.

Alright thanks i'll start off there.
Quote by Nikkokami
Alright thanks i'll start off there.

I really feel like I helped someone today.
Nothing else matters. the solo took me a few hours to learn. The rest of the song is not terrible to learn either.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W