Hey Guys,
I am in a band and we record at home. If you guys have any suggestions of any rack unit compressors/limiters/effect processors you've had success with, please post them here.I am trying to build up a studio rack.
-Thanks in advance
GMajor effects processor!
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
compressor the crane song stc8
pre amps crane song spider
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
It really depends on what you want for outboard gear.

On my rack, I use a Furman M8X power conditioner, Behringer Composer MDX2100(Gate/Limiter/Compressor), Behringer Powerplay Pro-XL (headphone amp), BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer and a Behringer Xenyx 1204 mixer............this chain goes into a M-Audio Delta 1010LT (multi-channel) soundcard then into Cakewalk Home Studio sequensor.

I play back tracks on one channel and record tracks on another channel.......this allows for absolute zero latency.
Rack mount FX are nice but don't go too cheap or you'll get cruddy sound.

I suggest looking around the following forum for older Polls on best gear for the price when it comes to rack mount equipment:

http://studio-central.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=49&sid=d50e3e70d6ff21714bb512113ae327a7

I personally only have one rack mount unit, a PreSonus FP10......and It's not in a rack LOL
Most of my stuff in the studio is done with software as I don't want to be sending the signal in and out of "the box" which degrades it a little.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 24, 2009,
A cheap but fun one I have is the Lexicon MX200 Dual Channel Reverb/Delay Effects Processor. I bought it for my Guitar since I use a lot of delay for everything (Damn you U2 :p) and have used it for vocals as well and its great.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp