As any proper Frusciante fan would, I absolutely love this album. It is said that it is a concept album, but I can't exactly find an explicitly told story in it. I mean, yes, I get the philosophical messages of the album, but is there a specific story told by the album? I've Googled it a few times before, but I've never been able to find anything of relevance.

Does anyone have any insight on the subject?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Dec 24, 2009,
I can't help you but I just want to say that I love this album. Listening to this album high was like going on an adventure. It's like this generation's Dark Side of the Moon.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
I didn't like it... Sorry but it just didn't do anything for me.

I love Song to Sing when I'm Lonely, yet sadly I can't find the album that came from anywhere (I know what's it's called).

Anyway, I only gave it one listen so, this post might be completely worthless to you. Just givin my views on the album
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
i've listened to this album countless times, because, of course, john frusciante's my hero. I get the idea of rebirth over and over again when i listen to it.
I always figured it was about God and birth and rebirth.

What with Before The Beginning being kinda quiet, presumably being representative of space before God created earth. Then a track actually called God.

I forget which song it is but one of the longer ones talks about how life used to be terrible for him and now is better, then one called Enough Of Me and One More Of Me seem kinda birth/rebirthy to me

Just my take on it of course.
Did you guys never see his blog?

He had some blog posts on his site describing with some detail exactly what the concept behind the album was. He deleted them from his site now, but I'm sure they're still floating around somewhere. It's about dying and rebirth, trying and giving up, about the creative force as a person and pretty much himself. And more stuff
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
There was a blog on johnfrusciante.com in which he explained the meanings behind each song but it's not on there any more. It may be somewhere else on the net. I dunno...