ok i own a Marshall amp... this one to be exact. http://www.everythingamps.com/images/marshall_stack.jpg and it buzzes really bad when i play on the 2nd string 5th fret. and only on the 2nd string 5th fret. i was wondering how or if this can be fixed? when i play with heavy distortion it covers it up pretty well but if i play in a clean tone with reverb... it really pisses me off to hear that especially when its just on that one note. can someone suggest how to fix this? and i think theres 4 little speakers in the amp part of it, so how would i know which one is buzzing? any suggestions would help, thanks. ps. its definitely not the guitar. when i play my guitar with out a amp or in my other crapper amp it doesn't buzz.
Last edited by reysus at Dec 24, 2009,
definitely not the guitar. it is the amp, its the 2nd string 5th fret and it buzzes just a tiny bit on each note beside it.
are you sure its not the string buzzing against the frets if its the amp i cant help you
How does it sound 1st string open?
How does it sound 3rd string 9th fret?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
ohh so the amp/cab is buzzing on certain tones/notes?

cant realy be fixed, might be posible to reduce, though.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
How does it sound 1st string open?
How does it sound 3rd string 9th fret?

this. If it's ONLY buzzes on the 2nd string 5th fret, then that's your guitar's problem. If it buzzes on open 1st, 5th fret on 2nd, 9th fret on 3rd, 14th on 4th, 19th on 5th and 24th on 6th, then it's the amp… unless your guitar isn't intonated properly.
ok sorry guys its not a buzzing sound. its more of a really loud vibration sound and it only makes it on the 5th fret 2nd string (2nd from the top) any other note doesn't nearly vibrate that bad its definitely not the guitar. if i play the amp just under half volume its fine but anything over that with reverb its really bad. its like everything in my bed room shakes.
Last edited by reysus at Dec 25, 2009,