So I have a new AC30HH, and I must say the tones are absolutely perfect for the vast majority of things that I want to play, but there are definitely some times when I'm going to need heavier gain and metallish tones.
Not death metal or anything, maybe Avenged Sevenfold at the very heaviest.

One in particular I need it for right now is the solo for Wanted Dead or Alive, which has a pretty heavy tone that brings out pinch harmonics.

What pedal should I be looking for to get a pretty diverse amount of distortion tones that will go fairly heavy? Maybe around $200 tops is what I'd probably invest.

Although, technically my amp has no reverb or other effects either, it's minimalistic, which is great, so maybe it's worthwhile to invest in a multi-effects pedal? Suggestions for that are also welcome (although obviously I'd be paying atleast double the prior price for one of these, atleast I assume so.)

Thanks guys!
Quote by glemnar
So I have a new AC30HH, and I must say the tones are absolutely perfect for the vast majority of things that I want to play, but there are definitely some times when I'm going to need heavier gain and metallish tones.
Not death metal or anything, maybe Avenged Sevenfold at the very heaviest.

One in particular I need it for right now is the solo for Wanted Dead or Alive, which has a pretty heavy tone that brings out pinch harmonics.

What pedal should I be looking for to get a pretty diverse amount of distortion tones that will go fairly heavy? Maybe around $200 tops is what I'd probably invest.

Although, technically my amp has no reverb or other effects either, it's minimalistic, which is great, so maybe it's worthwhile to invest in a multi-effects pedal? Suggestions for that are also welcome (although obviously I'd be paying atleast double the prior price for one of these, atleast I assume so.)

Thanks guys!

Multi effect pedals are not very good until you get to the $500+ range. so unless you want to go that high, don't bother.

As far as distortions go, you can't go wrong with a Way Huge Fat Sandwich.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Dec 24, 2009,
get a fulltone ocd and you should be good, multis suck.
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Tech 21 Sansamp GT-2 will do just about anything.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Isn't OCD more of an overdrive though? The overdriven tone on the HH is perfect, doesn't need even the slightest change.

And JHacey, it's the 50th anniversary handwired edition, no effects, just 2 different preamp channels.

And the 500 dollar range is entirely possible, as I'm willing to shop used.
Link your channels, crank them and boost the front end with an OD. That'll probably get you to Bon Jovi territory
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.