I was just thinking.....how can children think there is a santa for so long? I mean how did they explain this to/with other non-christian children? like say a kid is talking about santa in class before break and a little jewish child walks by. does the jewish kid tell him that he has never heard of santa? or that he never gets gifts from santa on christmas? does the christian child doubt santa? or does the jewish boy feel unloved because santa doesn't visit him? what do you think?
my hovercraft is full of eels
I figured it out in like grade 3. Most kids figure it out pretty quickly, once they can start thinking about logic. For little kids logic is what people tell them.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
The explanation I was offered was that Santa didn't visit people who don't celebrate Christmas. I rejected this idea, thinking that Santa spread goodwill to everyone.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by dustyboy316
I figured it out in like grade 3. Most kids figure it out pretty quickly, once they can start thinking about logic. For little kids logic is what people tell them.

third grade is like what?....like 8-9? idk idr.....but if so it takes that long before somebody says "hey, I don't get santa at my house!"?
I doubt they think so much into it or question it. When you're that young the line between reality and imagination is blurred. "Santa" is such a prevalent tale in many children's lives in places such as where we live, that most if not all kids would have heard of him - and therefore a child who experiences an inconsistency like you mentioned, would probably fill in the blanks for himself, with his own imagination.
Kids tend to believe what their parents tell them over anything else.
Christians aren't the only people who celebrate Christmas.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Christians aren't the only people who celebrate Christmas.

who else does?
I do.

It's hardly a Christian holiday anymore. In modern society it's almost exclusively a commercial holiday. See the "should atheists celebrate Christmas" thread.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Santa doesn't give presents to Jews
unless there mothers are christian.
also just because a person is jewish doesn't mean they're communications have been cut off from the non-jewish population (they'd hear of santa just like they'd hear of jesus).
Quote by stratdud39
Santa doesn't give presents to Jews
unless there mothers are christian.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Santa doesn't give presents to ANYBODY.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT