So i'm not sure why but i've had some strings on my guitar for the past 2 months or so and since i've put them on they feel like crap, harmonics aren't ringing out well, there's not much sustain, but they hold tune fairly well.

Taking into consideration that my guitar has a tad of fret buzz, a floyd rose (which is set up level to the body), but the strings don't feel comfortable, they're the same brand and gauge i use all the time. (Ernie ball 10-46) But it feels different. What i'd like to know is what causes a string to die.

I'm not positive that they're dead because they've been stupid ever since i took them out of the package, Possibly just a bad batch?
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Yeah could be just a bad batch if they were shit straight out of the package.

Maybe your intonation is off?

I just bought the same set of strings myself the other day. First time I ever tried Ernie Ball strings. I'm gonna go with a little heavier gauge next time though. Just so give it a little more umph to it.

But yeah man not really sure what the problem is, it could be a number of things.
Fire it up, let the engines roll!
It's time to burn it down!
Keep bleeding on till the day you die!
Forever love it loud, yeah!
Quote by Bazookajoe_666
Yeah could be just a bad batch if they were shit straight out of the package.

Maybe your intonation is off?

I just bought the same set of strings myself the other day. First time I ever tried Ernie Ball strings. I'm gonna go with a little heavier gauge next time though. Just so give it a little more umph to it.

But yeah man not really sure what the problem is, it could be a number of things.

Intonation is straight on at 0 cents
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
I dunno man, personally I'd relate that to fret buzz/too low action/neck bowing
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I really wanna go to get the guitar set up professionally, but i don't wanna take it to our nearest guitar tech (which is about 2 hours away) because last time i took a guitar in he scratched it to hell. I don't want that to happen to my baby
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong