Here's another In Flames cover to add to my collection :> Crit For Crit if you want.
Current acoustic track is a place holder.

Setup:

Guitar (Seymour Duncan passive pickups) --> Tube Preamp --> M-Audio Jamlab --> Cakewalk Sonar

Cakewalk Sonar:

Rhythm Tracks:
GreenGate
TSS
Nick Crow's 8505
LeCab (Guitarhack's Impulses, Center-0 and Edge-Half)

Lead Tracks:
GreenGate
TSS
Nick Crow's 8505
LeCab (Guitarhack's Impulses, Center-0 and Edge-Half)
Delay (21% Mix, ~374ms, 10% Feedback)

For drums I used Addictive Drums with my own Metal Preset
For Bass and Synth I used Cakewalk Dimension Pro

No EQ on any of the Guitar tracks apart from Low-pass and High-pass.

And that's about it

Song is on my profile.
Last edited by Darkshade666 at Dec 27, 2009,
duuude .. i can't explain how much I envy you.
The acoustic parts are so well played that they almost sound like the Original song.
great sound quality in general - nice playing , I'd love to hear some cover
vocals on it .. (:
Quote by -Flooow
duuude .. i can't explain how much I envy you.
The acoustic parts are so well played that they almost sound like the Original song.
great sound quality in general - nice playing , I'd love to hear some cover
vocals on it .. (:

The acoustic parts are fake thats why. Listen to the complete lack of string noise, how up front they are compared to the electric guitar, and how robotic the timing is.

The electric parts need to come up in volume here, more presence, they're a bit fizzy in the background at the moment, theres too much dynamic disparity, listen to the level of the intro acoustic and listen to the chorus, the acoustic louder and it detracts from the impact.
Quote by Beefmo
The acoustic parts are fake thats why. Listen to the complete lack of string noise, how up front they are compared to the electric guitar, and how robotic the timing is.

The electric parts need to come up in volume here, more presence, they're a bit fizzy in the background at the moment, theres too much dynamic disparity, listen to the level of the intro acoustic and listen to the chorus, the acoustic louder and it detracts from the impact.

I didn't detail how I recorded the acoustic parts. I used Dimension Pro, and recorded the same tracks with a magnetic soundhole pickup on my acoustic, but they sounded terrible, so I kept them at a relatively low volume in the mix, just to fatten the sound.

About the electric part, I'm well aware of that, but I wasn't really sure on how to make them come up more without having everything else get buried in the mix. About the fizziness I probably need to cut more with a high-pass.

Again about the acoustic part it wasn't my intention, it's just a place holder until I get my hand's on another Condenser microphone, I only have an omnidirectional large diaphragm one, and my room isn't treated, so it sounds very "roomy". Either way, the acoustic part is piss easy, it's not like I used a VSTi because I can't play a bunch of simple arpeggios