I'm looking into getting an LP copy in the future, soon as a get the cash really.

As used Gibsons and Japanese copies (Edwards and the like) can't really be found for less than $1000 here in Australia, these two brands have caught my eye.

I'm looking into the Xaviere XV-500 series and the Agile AL-3100 respectiviely, which leads to my next question; is the Agile $200 (give or take depending on exchange rates) better?

I'm not looking for anything with sharp frets, dodgy finishes etc..

Cheers UG.
I'd go for the Xaviere - it's got better pickups, a full maple cap, etc.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
id go with the agile, i have one and its great, and i think that a lot more people own agiles than xavieries, also the 3100 series have good pickups depending on the model, usuallt duncan or EMGs
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Quote by oneblackened
I'd go for the Xaviere - it's got better pickups, a full maple cap, etc.
Well, 'better' is subjective and the Agile also has a maple cap.

I'd have the Agile.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Well, 'better' is subjective and the Agile also has a maple cap.

I'd have the Agile.

correction: the 3100 has a 1/16" cap - not enough to affect tone at all.

And the pickups in the 3100 are generic Alnico pickups not unlike an Epi's stock ones.
The ones in the XV500 are some GFS ones which are pretty decent pickups especially in that price range.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'd take the Agile, I just got my Al-3000 and the pickups sound better than any Epi ones I've ever played on, and better than any of the GFS ones I've played too, which are quite a few. Overall quality is better too, never played an Xaviere but they don't look as appealing to the eye as the Agiles.
Quote by oneblackened
correction: the 3100 has a 1/16" cap - not enough to affect tone at all.
Have you ever seen inside a real GFS guitar? ie. Not the one in the picture. You get a cap made of god knows what with the typical paper thin veneer.

Quote by oneblackened
And the pickups in the 3100 are generic Alnico pickups not unlike an Epi's stock ones.
The ones in the XV500 are some GFS ones which are pretty decent pickups especially in that price range.
Budget pickups vs. budget pickups. Woo? "Better" is still subjective when you're talking about pickups.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Agile AL-3100 is definitely the better guitar. Two piece solid heavy mahogany body, ebony fingerboard with hand filed frets (they do a good job at it). The least Agile guitar you can compare the XV500 with is the Agile 2000 range which is clearly the inferior line to the 3000s.

The pickup on the GFS might be "better" than the Agile but that's all subjective. I liked the sound on my Agile 3100 but it still left some to be desired. If you are picky about pickups then trust me, you will yank them out either it be Agile or Xavier sooner or later for a pair of Seymour, Dimarzio or the likes.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by ch0
Have you ever seen inside a real GFS guitar? ie. Not the one in the picture. You get a cap made of god knows what with the typical paper thin veneer.

Budget pickups vs. budget pickups. Woo? "Better" is still subjective when you're talking about pickups.

true.

Though GFS is always one of those dodgy sites.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden