Ive been looking for a new amp and I was just wondering what the difference is if an amp is "hot rodded"? This is probably a dumb question but please help me out haha. I dont know much about amps and gear.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
pretty much any amp that has been modified to have the best components for optimum performance.

Go to Mercury Magnetics' site to get a better idea.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
^ No, hot rodded is a term that usually means that the amp has been modified to have more gain/distortion.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
^ No, hot rodded is a term that usually means that the amp has been modified to have more gain/distortion.

Hot rodding is not limited to gain increases.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Nobody calls transformer upgrades hot rodding.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
My understanding has always been that it usually had to do with increasing an amp's capability to do something with noticeable difference, usually in the gain department though. But, alas, I'm no amp technician.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out