Hi i just got a new pair of shoes for xmass, like, 5 minutes ago...
the point is that these shoes makes me wanna play a lot of grunge
I listen to Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam and a little Soundgarden but i want to get more exposed to grunge so would you recommend me essential grunge traacks??
Well if you like Pearl Jam you can always go back in time a little bit to Temple of the Dog. Mad Season was also a cool little side project with members of Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains.
"Escape is never the safest path"

Gear
Fender 50's Strat
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss OD-2, DD-20
Bush. Stone Temple Pilots, Candlebox, jesus lizard, screaming trees. Stabbing Westward, Seven Mary Three, Marcy's Playground, Gravity Kils,
Have you ever heard the Nirvana song Dive? You should listen to that if you haven't already.
Oh my, no one mentioned Mudhoney. Try Mudhoney, they are my favorite!
And get SUB POP 200 or 100 albums. Those are the shit!
Last edited by Laimonel at Dec 27, 2009,
Listen to some screaming trees the guitar parts are great, and I second mudhoney I just learned blinding sun last night, and if you like pearl jam you might wanna check out mother love bone they were like a cross between hairmetal and grunge but they were the original incarnation of pearl jam (before andrew wood died and eddie vedder took over.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Early Soundgarden is IMO the epitome of "grunge"
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by soundgarden19
Early Soundgarden is IMO the epitome of "grunge"

I think green river called grunge as grunge first.
Quote by Ninjamonkey767
more soundgarden

A LOT more soundgarden
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Check out the "big 5" post-grunge bands:

Bush
Candlebox
Silverchair
Live
Collective Soul

For real grunge check out Green River, Mad Season and Screaming Trees. And of course Stone Temple Pilots. Especially their first two albums, amazing stuff.
Last edited by guitarhero_764 at Dec 28, 2009,
The interesting thing about grunge is that it has two very different faces.
One is the more hard-rock-orinted, metal-influenced sound of bands like Soundgarden Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam.
The other is the more punk-rock-sounding, noisy stuff along the lines of Mudhoney, Nirvana, and Babes In Toyland (also, Dirty-era Sonic Youth).

I definitely recommend bands of the later category. Check out "Fontanelle" by Babes in Toyland, "Superfuzz Bigmuff" by Mudhoney, and "Goo" "Dirty" and "Experimental Jetset"
by Sonic Youth.
silverchair, garbage, radiohead, soundgarden
I'm a female left handed guitarist.
Check out Jerry Cantrell's solo album, Degradation Trip. Probably my biggest influence as a guitarist.
Dirt by Alice in Chains. To me, that had to be the pinnacle of all grunge albums, and one of my favorite-ever albums.
stone temple pilots has always been my favorite grunge band, screaming trees and collective soul have some great stuff too

Does anybody else think that grunge should have it's own forum?
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Quote by JAHellraiser
A LOT more soundgarden

and then just a little bit more soundgarden.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
ohmy, nobody said L7 or Tad...so i will
Gear:
Guitar/Bass:
Squier Affinity Strat
Squier Affinity J Bass

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 15
Fender Rumble 15
Quote by toyboxmonster
The interesting thing about grunge is that it has two very different faces.
One is the more hard-rock-orinted, metal-influenced sound of bands like Soundgarden Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam.
The other is the more punk-rock-sounding, noisy stuff along the lines of Mudhoney, Nirvana, and Babes In Toyland (also, Dirty-era Sonic Youth).

I definitely recommend bands of the later category. Check out "Fontanelle" by Babes in Toyland, "Superfuzz Bigmuff" by Mudhoney, and "Goo" "Dirty" and "Experimental Jetset"
by Sonic Youth.

It is very interesting I agree. Except I prefer the first one you mentioend
Quote by demonsarereal
The album In Utero- Nevermind is hardly a grunge album
It's a lot more grungy than Nevermind. C'mon, even the lead single(Heart Shaped Box) follows the stereotypes of grunge to a tee.
Superunknown by Soundgarden is great, and also temple of the dog, which i dont think has been mentioned. Anyting with cornell in the 90's
STPs core has some pretty cool tracks to, some badarse riffs there was an acoustic instrumental called sin which is very reminicient of those metalica intoductions - like battery.