This just makes me want to buy American/locally made guitars even more.

"I just love how when that woman, Myung - Hee Choi, says, "Press this, the tears will drip out," one of them laughs, because that just sums up this whole argument.

I use Cort guitars almost exclusively, and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon. If anything, I'm proud of it, because I'm not letting these people's hard work go to waste. Cort makes fantastic guitars, I don't care what anyone says. Whether they're made with the tears of Indonesian laborers or not. You don't HAVE to work there!
"

Holy shit
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Dec 24, 2009,
thats what happens in factories not in america, not a big surprise here
Rig:
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>
Morley Volume

my shit screams.
That disgusts me.

The worst thing is that Cort makes guitars for a bunch of other companies. I'm going to check where my guitar's made from now on.
Quote by Holy Katana
That disgusts me.

The worst thing is that Cort makes guitars for a bunch of other companies. I'm going to check where my guitar's made from now on.
Don't they build for Squier and Epiphone?
Quote by maXterbat0r
Don't they build for Squier and Epiphone?

I'm not sure. I know they used to build some Ibanez guitars, but not anymore. To cut costs, everything that isn't Prestige is made in China or Indonesia.

I think they might make the SE series for PRS. It's either them or Samick.
Quote by maXterbat0r
This just makes me want to buy American/locally made guitars even more.

"I just love how when that woman, Myung - Hee Choi, says, "Press this, the tears will drip out," one of them laughs, because that just sums up this whole argument.

I use Cort guitars almost exclusively, and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon. If anything, I'm proud of it, because I'm not letting these people's hard work go to waste. Cort makes fantastic guitars, I don't care what anyone says. Whether they're made with the tears of Indonesian laborers or not. You don't HAVE to work there!
"

Holy shit

I find that the tears help make the sound resonate more.

But people have known about this for a while. Taylor Swift, did, at least. She even wrote a song, "Teardrops on My Guitar," about it.
Quote by Holy Katana
Okay, apparently they make LTDs for ESP, and they make Schecters, too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I didn't know that
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Dec 24, 2009,
Quote by Holy Katana

...Well shit.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Holy Katana

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
I'm just creating awareness, I'm not trying to make everyone change their opinion. By creating awareness, at least the company will know that more people realise what it's doing and will change their policies in fear of getting sued or being exposed further.

At least now, we would actually choose wisely when we purchase our next instrument.

But dammit, Cort guitars are affordable.
Quote by KeytotheGate
Im going to stop playing guitar because of this! this is so wrong!

Sure you are...

In other news, I now dislike Cort.
I own a cort guitar and it's pretty good..
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Oh god I own a Cort guitar...

EDIT:Btw, isn't Cort a sub-company of Ibanez(kinda like Squier is to Fender, or Epiphone to Gibson). Might be wrong, heard this years ago.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Dec 25, 2009,
Quote by KeytotheGate
Im going tostop playing guitar because of this! this is so wrong!

Thats silly, stopping all together.
RIP Tom Searle.
Holy balls, I own a Cort....
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Last edited by vinnie-watt5 at Dec 25, 2009,
Quote by Ssargentslayer
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

+2
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
OH my god, my bass is Schecter.

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
My Agile is Korean made and so is my new Dean.

Capitalism's a bitch.

What else can I say? It's not as if our guitars are the only things that were manufactured in appalling conditions by cheap Asian laborers.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
So a large corporation is treating it's employees badly, exploiting people for profit and generally lying all the time.

Did this really shock anyone?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
My LTD was made in indonesia, and my Samick guitar and bass were probabaly made in korea, now I feel like crap.
do you love...ARSIS
Quote by GooGooFluffers
i believe you may be our saviour
all hail lordllama!
"Press here, tears will come out. Press here, tears will come out."
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by Spike6sic6
Oh god I own a Cort guitar...

EDIT:Btw, isn't Cort a sub-company of Ibanez(kinda like Squier is to Fender, or Epiphone to Gibson). Might be wrong, heard this years ago.

No. They're a company who make/made guitars for them, just like Hoshino-Gakki. Ibanez actually doesn't have any manufacturing plants of its own.
Quote by tommyt
So a large corporation is treating it's employees badly, exploiting people for profit and generally lying all the time.

Did this really shock anyone?

Sounds like McDonald's to me
Quote by dudetheman
My Agile is Korean made and so is my new Dean.

Capitalism's a bitch.

What else can I say? It's not as if our guitars are the only things that were manufactured in appalling conditions by cheap Asian laborers.

The fact that you look at it as a fact of life disgusts me. Sure, this is pretty commonplace, but wouldn't you like to stop it?
Japanese,English,American and Austrailian made stuff for me.Except the body of my SG,Korean made that one is.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Good job I use Carvin and Ibanez.

I think that is pretty appauling. I've seen how some 3rd world country factories are and they're a lot better than that. So I think that this Cort thing is a stand alone thing, I doubt other Korean factories or Indonesian, chinese etc etc, are a bit better.

What I find worse is my mum trying to act as if she lives in similar conditions. A warehouse job in a relatively large town in the UK is nothing similar. ¬_¬
I really don't know what to do. If we all stopped buying them I really don't think the factories would improve their conditions and they probably wouldn't either if we bought more of them. Korea's federal gov't better kick some ass. Or the company itself, if its worried about the bad publicity. Anyway, it all comes down to the fact that I don't know what to do about this myself.

My Epiphone was made in China and I doubt that it was built under better circumstances...
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Good job I use Carvin and Ibanez.

I think that is pretty appauling. I've seen how some 3rd world country factories are and they're a lot better than that. So I think that this Cort thing is a stand alone thing, I doubt other Korean factories or Indonesian, chinese etc etc, are a bit better.

What I find worse is my mum trying to act as if she lives in similar conditions. A warehouse job in a relatively large town in the UK is nothing similar. ¬_¬

But are any of your Ibbys Korean?
Nothing suprising here, this happens in lots of factories there.

Good chance the clothes you view as your favourites (yes even the expensive brand uns) are made in factories who treat people even worse Does this make you run around naked 24/7 because you don't wanna wear those clothes? No.

Now you're just as bad as me, live with it
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Dec 25, 2009,
So I'm guessing THIS is why Agiles, Epiphones, Schecters, etc...are so cheap. If so, damn..

Now I feel better about the fact I only own American and Japanese-made guitars.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
man that sucks, my bass is a cort, I love it, ill never recommend it after seeing that
Quote by tyler_j
This ought to shut you up

I now have a lolstack, therefore I shall stop my rampage!