Okay, earlier tonight I was in the bathroom, and I looked in the mirror at my reflection. I stared into my own eyes for a good couple of minutes without a thought really passing through my head. I found it odd, but I went with it. Well, just now, I was on Facebook, and I wen to my own profile. I saw my picture and read my name, and it didn't feel like I was looking at myself or reading my own name.

This seems really trippy to me and I'm kinda wigged out by it. Has anyone ever had a similar experience?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
You're not yourself, you are being controlled by an outside force of which you cannot fathom.
Sounds like second person perspective to me.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
happens to the best of us. always happens in the bathroom mirror too for some reason. i just sit there and stare and eventually wonder "who am i?"

usually end up slapping myself and laughing. there's no way that i've been me in this body with these same eyes for every day of the past 20 years. i feel like different people.

(to those wondering, i'm speaking figuratively. i'm not schizophrenic. yet anyway)
#DTWD
I've done that a few times, but then I just forget about it and go on with life. It's such a weightless and unreal feeling.
I had a similar thing happen to me when I was super baked one time. It was kind of weird and scary all at the same time.
Someone plunged a dagger deep into God's chest and
When he groaned it laid our entire civilization to rest
When he pulled out the dagger and marveled at the pain he could create
We stuck another in his back to seal creation's fate
I have the same when i switch from an FPS to a TPS.
All hail the BaartMan.

Gear:
-Guitar
-Another guitar
-Another guitar
-Amplifier
-A few effects pedals
-Piano
-Cat
Sometimes I just picture myself from a 3rd person point of view physically, like it's from a camera or something...even as I type this. It doesn't 'scare' me or anything, I don't see why it'd be problematic. I just don't know if anyone else has had any similar experiences.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Okay, earlier tonight I was in the bathroom, and I looked in the mirror at my reflection. I stared into my own eyes for a good couple of minutes without a thought really passing through my head. I found it odd, but I went with it. Well, just now, I was on Facebook, and I wen to my own profile. I saw my picture and read my name, and it didn't feel like I was looking at myself or reading my own name.

This seems really trippy to me and I'm kinda wigged out by it. Has anyone ever had a similar experience?

Yeah, it happens. It's kinda like when you repeat a certain word or name in your head until it doesn't make any sense at all. Try with a word/name that sounds "weird".

But yeah, it happens to me pretty often. And btw, I think it's a really ****ing good thing.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

one time this summer i was tripping hard on pain meds after surgery and there would be brief moments where i was living in third person. it was incredible.
Nyeh, it's happened to me before. Honestly it's kind of a good thing, to see yourself from a different angle. Makes you see what others see, not that you should really care about how others look at you... I dunno, all I know is I've done that before.
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Quote by Spartan070sarge

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

/stupidity

I've done that, actually. Not sure why, but i feel as if when i just sit there staring at myself i don't even think. I enter a trance-like state and I get kinda weird afterwards.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by RPGoof
It's called depersonalization, happens to a lot of people. Happens me to every once in a while, it's a really shitty feeling I think.

There is a condition for this? I always thought that I was just imagining it out of boredom.
Quote by JacobTheMe
There is a condition for this? I always thought that I was just imagining it out of boredom.

I got way too high once, and felt completely depersonalized from my body. I was really scared at the time that I would never return to the 1st person perspective again. It felt like it would be all hazy and dreamy forever. It kind of sucked because I didn't embrace the feeling, but feared it instead. And I had a mental freak-out.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
ive had feelings like that ever since i was a little kid. i think its something that most everyone feels from time to time.

the most intense depersonalization ive felt is during a drug induced trip when i was floating above my bed watching myself lay in it. soon thereafter, i had my first out of body experience.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Is this like that time I had a dream where I was watching myself boning some hot bitches?
Actually that's pretty much every dream I can remember.

But seriously, I think I know wha tyou mean. While I can't remember this specifically happening, it does seem vaguely familiar.
Quote by Spartan070sarge

I find this hard to believe.
Yeah that happens if I stare in the mirror for a long time and think about who/what am I really? Like what am I?

Cool feeling.

That said, I really experienced it to the fullest on LSD, one of strangest experiences ever. Really exciting.

I think it's related to OOB experiences, which I've yet to experience but really want to.
Last edited by WNxScythe at Dec 25, 2009,
Quote by primusfan
happens to the best of us. always happens in the bathroom mirror too for some reason. i just sit there and stare and eventually wonder "who am i?"

usually end up slapping myself and laughing. there's no way that i've been me in this body with these same eyes for every day of the past 20 years. i feel like different people.

(to those wondering, i'm speaking figuratively. i'm not schizophrenic. yet anyway)

I do this every now and then.
Makes you trip mega-balls for a couple minutes then you sorta go back into reality.
Quote by primusfan

This is what I do
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Le_Bunny
Yeah I know what you mean. It's best not to dwell on your own reflection or name, or it seems a little unreal. It is like seeing another person because in first-person perspective you can't see yourself obviously.

Yeah some things you just gotta accept otherwise you would go crazy.

One thing i find wierd is when i try to see the world through someone elses eyes, i find it very difficult to do and it sometimes makes me think i am emotionally disconnected from those around me, but then i just think i am not, but recognising others emotions and reacting to them accordingly is just an impulse that you don't really think about when you do it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.