i know there is a similar thread to this, but slightly different.

i am looking to buy a new guitar which is $350 online, i'm not sure the exact price instore, but i assume its similar.

if i have cash what do you think the lowest i could bargain the price down to would be?
i'm pretty sure the workers get commission, so every sale is important.
Just Sooo Jaded!

Quote by drunknpunk204
Why cant Helen Keller drive?
cause shes a woman
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but since about the time where the economy started to suck, Guitar Center has stopped on bargaining. Everything is now a flat price. What you see on the sticker is what you pay.

I was told this by a few people and double-checked it with my friend who works there.

Sorry :-(
awhh bummer. well i guess i could try, but i wont get my hopes up..

thank you though i appreciate the response.
Just Sooo Jaded!

Quote by drunknpunk204
Why cant Helen Keller drive?
cause shes a woman
Quote by Pac_man0123
If you buy something nice you could probably convince them to throw in a cable or something but they won't budge on the price.

Yep. Cable, strings or picks. Something like that.
Its always worth trying to get a deal on a guitar. They may sell you the guitar out the front people have test played cheaper than out of the back. Just give it a go and see what happens and take a print out of the cheapest price you can find with you.
I should also point out that in 90% of stores where you get a discount for paying cash, cash basically means anything that isn't a cheque.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
You might be able to get them to knock off price of display models they’re having trouble moving off the floor. I had a manager offer to knock 5% off of any of their mini stacks completely out of the blue. Of course, I also live in Manhattan, so this might have something to do with their corporate office sending a shitload of loud amps to a neighborhood with no freestanding houses…
why when you could bargain with a UGer that works for a major chain?

which guitar?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.