I have been here several times asking about parts to soup up my cheap squier strat.
Thusfar, you guys have helped me out a lot, and I greatly apreciate it. I am now looking for even more parts to replace on it. I got a little bit of cash for Christmas and I'm gonna spend it on GFS. Now my strat is pretty much just to play around with, etc, since I recently purchased an ESP/LTD EC-1000. here's the thing. I'm now looking at saddles and I am interested in these:

http://yhst-50206111187217.stores.yahoo.net/rosaupyotrha.html

the thing is, I don't know if they would be compatible with an indonesian-made squier. what do you guys think?

once again, thanks for your help.
fwih GFS hardware is hit-and-miss. you may not like what you get, you may love it. luck of the draw mostly.

edit: measure across the centers of the E saddles. It says you have to have 2 3/16" spacing for those to fit. it says everything right there on the page, dude.
no, speaking from experience it is definitely not
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Invader Jim
how accurate was your measurement? did you use a digital caliper? if not try it. sometimes the measuring tape doesnt cut it.

I just used a simple ruler and got 2 1/4 exactly. I don't have a tape or a capliper. If these saddles don't trun out to be compatible, could you recomend a different set?(roller or not, doesn't matter, although I'd prefer something that would give me good tuning stablility)
Where the hell is the problem?
It says you need at least 2 3/16" for these to fit.
You have 2 1/4".
That's the same as 2 4/16".
2 4/16" > 2 3/16"

They'll fit, but they won't be all jammed together with their sides touching. This is a problem???
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
actually they will fit sorry I read it as 2 1/8" not 2 1/4", like SYK said they'll fit with no problems
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
you guys are great. thanks for the help. Another quick question:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1hum_1vol

I might possibly be doing that. On the pot, where the solder is with the output ground, is that also the third thing(?) on the pot folded over and soldered with the ground? sorry if i am confusing with this question, I am obviously quite confused about this xD
Last edited by 1201ZJ at Dec 26, 2009,
Yeah, that lug on the right is shown bent back and soldered to the case. You can either do it the way they show, or just take a wire and connect that lug to the case where all the other ground wires are connected. Which ever way you find easier.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.