So this might be a weird question,
but what do you guys think is better?

Buying a new guitar or Upgrading your old one's pickups and stuff...
`
It depends on the current guitar, it's specs and what you're trying to do with it.
Normally it's cheaper to upgrade the pick ups then buy a new high end. My stuff is low end so I'd probably snag a new guitar after selling one of my current ones.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Depends. If it's a choice between a Squier and a Suhr then definitely buy, but if it's stuff like Fender MIM to MIA then I'd be looking at upgrading. It really depends on what the 2 guitars are and what you want.
I think if you have a really cheap guitar then its better to just buy a whole new one. If you have a half decent guitar like a strat MIM or a good Les paul copy and you like the guitar, then just upgrade the pickups and electronics or whatever it is you dont like about it
depends on how much you want to spend. you can spend around $1000 on upgrades (i did this for one of my guitars. i paid $1000+ on parts) or you can buy a new guitar for less. I like to upgrade guitars for the fun of it but there is a point where i buy a new guitar b/c i dont want to spend so much on upgrades.

bottom line, if you know how to do it, upgrade the guitar but if you dont know what you are doing then just buy a new guitar
How the hell do you spend 1000 dollars on upgrades? Assuming all gold hardware, I'd guess the most you could spend is:
New tuners: 90. New pickups: 320 at most. New electronics: 20. New bridge: 250 for a Schaller floyd rose. New nut: 15.

What else could you possibly have done to your guitar?
Also, if the guitar plays great, upgrade it.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
How the hell do you spend 1000 dollars on upgrades? Assuming all gold hardware, I'd guess the most you could spend is:
New tuners: 90. New pickups: 320 at most. New electronics: 20. New bridge: 250 for a Schaller floyd rose. New nut: 15.

What else could you possibly have done to your guitar?
Also, if the guitar plays great, upgrade it.

Probably a new neck and repaint, as well as maybe getting routing done. If he had it done professionally (which he didn't, but bear with me) a new neck/installation could cost quite a bit, and repainting would be around 300$ for a straight color/binding
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules