I'll be buying a guitar soon, and having in mind that I'm a total noob to the instrument, I'd very much appreciate some good advice on what guitar to get. I intend on learning to play mostly metal, but also not limit myself to a "metal-only" guitar seeing as I'd play some other shit aswell. A strat came to mind first, but through a little research I found out that ibanezes are most suited for some good black riffing, but I have no idea what model I should consider etc...somewhere in the range of 1000$.

Thanks in advance...
Umm I'd suggest you skip this thread and go to your local guitar store and start playing as many models as you can. And then come back here post your experiences and probably try to pin point a guitar you want to actually buy instead of stuff we secretly want.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Umm I'd suggest you skip this thread and go to your local guitar store and start playing as many models as you can. And then come back here post your experiences and probably try to pin point a guitar you want to actually buy instead of stuff we secretly want.

+1
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
If you're just starting playing the guitar I'd go with something cheap for the start. My first guitar cost a hundred bucks at eBay, some no name thingy just to learn the basic chords. Bought a Stratocaster about a year later when I was an "advanced" guitar player.
Quote by Hildesheimer
If you're just starting playing the guitar I'd go with something cheap for the start. My first guitar cost a hundred bucks at eBay, some no name thingy just to learn the basic chords. Bought a Stratocaster about a year later when I was an "advanced" guitar player.

I don't recommend doing this

The $100 stuff you get is pretty terrible,

i played for 2 weeks and got sick of it because the gear was useless

start of the year i bought something decent and have been enjoying it ever since.
Quote by BoL7z
I don't recommend doing this

The $100 stuff you get is pretty terrible,

i played for 2 weeks and got sick of it because the gear was useless

start of the year i bought something decent and have been enjoying it ever since.

he said $1000 not 100
Maybe a HSS strat or an Ibanez S series? Both humbuckers and a single coil for versatility
Try one of the Schecter C-1 series guitars with Seymour Duncan pickups. Between the two pickups and the ability to use them as humbucking or single-coil pickups you’ll have access to a huge tonal range.
Until you can play the guitar a bit it is difficult to chose the right one. You are best to buy a cheaper guitar until you can play a bit. Then you can spend more money on a better guitar that fits your playing.

If you find someone who can play the guitar take them to the shop with you and they will help you get a good cheaper guitar. If not then ask around which is a good shop in your area and go see what they say.