I just want to know whether there's a massive quality difference between the V99 and the V100 les paul models.

I can get the V99 for £135 or the V100 for £165

As far as I can tell, it's just the V99 has a bolt on neck, whereas the V100 is set. Anything else? Only I don't know if I could justify paying the extra £30 or so for a set neck.

So, what do you think?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
The 99 will have differnt tonal charcateristics due to the different woods used than the 100. The 100 uses the 'right' woods for a Les Paul. Mahogony has a very warm sound and the maple top brightens it up a bit. The 99 uses woods more popular on strats and other such guitars. Maple being fairly bright in comparison and poplar being in the middle.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Well for someone like me (who can't tell the difference between the sound of a Les Paul, fat strat and SG) would it be worth paying the extra for the V100? will it be better in the long run?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Well for someone like me (who can't tell the difference between the sound of a Les Paul, fat strat and SG) would it be worth paying the extra for the V100? will it be better in the long run?

No, because eventually you will tell the difference and not like it.

also set neck will offer tones more sustain.