Page 1 of 3
So I watched District 9 for the first time today and the only thing I thought of throughout the movie was "why the hell is he still running?" Seriously, if I was that guy in the movie and I went through that shit, I'd grab a gun and squeeze man.

And then I noticed that there's a bunch of characters in movies that push on, but if I were in their position, I'd end it quick.

Know what I mean?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
District 9 was a distinctly average film.

I usually get that feeling if something really embarassing happens, and i can do nothing but look away in embarassment for the people in the movie. I can't think of any examples offhand though.
I DIDN'T HAVE SEX WITH A FOKKEN PRAWN.

But nah, I get what you're saying. But if that happened, there'd be no movies.

PS - District 9 was a distinctly awesome movie.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Last edited by Forkman at Dec 25, 2009,
Just the Saw movies, other than that, none.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I think the whole point is that these people struggle against uneven odds and come out better for it, else there'd be no point in the film...
but yeah, I can't actually think of such an instance.
In things where it gets really cringeworthy like the office or something, i tink if i was in the position they are in i would just run away, literally just get as far away from the other person as fast as i can.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Just the Saw movies, other than that, none.

It'd depend on the scenario wouldn't it? If it was something like cut the other persons stomach open to find the key, or the writing on the walls one, I'd try and live. Heck even the fat guy through the barb wire holes, or the key in the acid jar I'd attempt.

Hmmm... if I was infected with the alien things from Alien I would kill myself.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
The ending of "The Mist".

I would attack the nearest soldier and make him pull the trigger on me.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean

god, that was one of worst(as in the moment0 to happen to someone,(SPOILER ALERT) forced to end it by shooting his son and the other 3 people with them and then with no bullets left goes out to be killed by monsters, to see the army clearing the way through with trucks full of survivors
Guitars
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Ibanez DTX-120
Yamaha APX-500
Encore Fender Copy (Custom Hardware)
Epiphone Flying V Bass

Amps
Fender FM 25 DSP
Roland Microcube
Peavey Bass Amp

Pedals
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Boss Me-25
bella in twilight.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
I just watched the Mist yesterday. I must say, it stands up extremely well to the book. "cept there were only 3 types of monster, and the ending was a bit douchey.
...In my opinion.
Quote by Benjibum2nd
I just watched the Mist yesterday. I must say, it stands up extremely well to the book. "cept there were only 3 types of monster, and the ending was a bit douchey.

How so?
I thought the ending was pretty good. Just because it was unhappy doesn't mean it was bad.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by TomB1993
god, that was one of worst(as in the moment0 to happen to someone,(SPOILER ALERT) forced to end it by shooting his son and the other 3 people with them and then with no bullets left goes out to be killed by monsters, to see the army clearing the way through with trucks full of survivors

Was there even a point in summarizing the ending?
Quote by bodyheatseeker
How so?
I thought the ending was pretty good. Just because it was unhappy doesn't mean it was bad.

No it was good, it was definitely a "Holy shit" moment, and I am the first person to rage against Disney endings, but I love the book and it deviates from it. And it comes a teeeny bit too close to Deus Ex Machina for my liking.
...In my opinion.
Office Space... every character, every scene
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Office Space... every character, every scene

Totally this. This movie made me so scared of eventually getting a job like that or anything near it.
For some reason, when I watch movies, I think "if I had to play one of the characters, which one would I pick?". When a character does something really embarrassing, I feel ashamed watching it. I can't watch Mr. Bean without cringing.
Like every zombie-movie ever. That's my survival instinct, atleast when it comes to watching movies.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
Like every zombie-movie ever. That's my survival instinct, atleast when it comes to watching movies.

Killing yourself is your survival instinct? I see you're a winner in the game of life.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touching_the_Void

Touching The Void. Based on a real event, it is part documentary and part movie.

About two mountain climbers in Peru named Yates and Simpson. They're ascending from some mountain, and Simpson breaks his leg about 3000 feet above their base camp. So they have to get down because they do not have any supplies left, but an event forces the Yates to cut the rope binding the two.

So the Simpson falls 100ft, with a broken leg, survives, spends three days without food and water, and eventually climbs, crawls and hops back to base camp.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Nelsean

That was exactly what I thought when I saw it... I'd most likely go mad realising I did it all for nothing...
If I was the guy in district 9 I would have went on for the sake of exposing MNU and their inhuman practices.
The Exorcist.

Say what you like about that movie being played out as disturbing or whatever, but if I was the mother, and my child was acting and changing like that, it'd drive me to kill myself. Especially when I had to lick her bleeding vagina.

EDDIT: I mean of course, if I was in Fantastic 4, and I was Jessica Alba. My attractive female body is so much hotter than her that it would suck to be brought down to that level.

EDDIT2: If, in Watchmen, I was Dan Dreiberg, I'd suicide bomb Adrian Veidt, the ****er.
The playground of the world
Last edited by Eddie4President at Dec 25, 2009,
Quote by sashki
Killing yourself is your survival instinct? I see you're a winner in the game of life.

Yep, that's what I said.

And I clarified that it was about watching movies, not necessarily what I would do if it happened for real.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
in resident evil, the first one, that guy has the gun in his mouth, and he is bitten and wounded.

yet he still decides to soldier on and risk being eaten alive in a painful manner. i mean why?!

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Eddie4President

EDDIT2: If, in Watchmen, I was Dan Dreiberg, I'd suicide bomb Adrian Veidt, the ****er.

Would it really be worth global nuclear war?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean

When I saw that I almost cried/threw up because it was so depressing.
^ Yea that ending was so brutal. Typical Stephen King though, he loves to make you love characters and then lose them.

The one up was the epic "Dead Can Dance" music that was playing.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Quote by Nelsean

Worst movie ending ever. Screw killing myself, I think I'd murder the director if I was in that situation.

*reads script ending*

"Wtf is this shit?!?"

"Isn't it great? "

*walks off set*
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by vulgarmachine
If I were the joker I'd kill myself.

Oh wait...

you cheeky fox
Dead Alive, or Brain Dead outside of America, about right when the party begins to go to hell, I'd start crying and search for a gun

but more often I get the, "why doesn't he just tell them!?" moment, that pisses me off, you could tell them, convince them of truth, and then you'd have an extra helper rather than extra hurdle!
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
^ Hell yes

Pretty much any horror movie. Even though The Grudge movies were shit, if I was that girl, I'd definitely kill myself. Well, I'd go naked and touch myself first.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Back to the Future, part I, George McFly, to see if Doc's theory on time paradoxes was true.
or maybe as John DeLorean, to see what car they would've cast instead of the awesome DMC.
Not that I don't like BTTF, I love BTTF.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Is there a facebook group for this?
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Dude... I just finished watching District 9!
Weird coincidence?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Hostel - If I found out that I too had a herpes blister on my lip that big. And wasn't going to Amsterdam afterall.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Page 1 of 3