I've been searching relentlessly for a new amp for months, and have had no luck.

My price range is capped at about 500-550 USD.
I am willing to go used.

I will be using it for gigging.

I'm looking for a sound similar to Born of Osiris, or For Today:
Very heavy, but clear and concise.

I've been looking at used 5150's, b-52 ATX-100, and Bugera 6262.

Any suggestions?
Just bought a Bugera 6262-212 a week ago. I can recommend it, it's got an awesome high gain sound.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
A Buggy or used Peavey.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Looking at the HC reviews, way too many of the Bugera amps have reliability problems. I know there's someone somewhere who swears they're reliable for gigging, but I just don't believe it - too much cheap construction.

I'd go used Peavey just based on the fact that they'll keep working. I think this is the first time I've recommended Peavey in my life.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by Even Bigger D
Looking at the HC reviews, way too many of the Bugera amps have reliability problems. I know there's someone somewhere who swears they're reliable for gigging, but I just don't believe it - too much cheap construction.

I'd go used Peavey just based on the fact that they'll keep working. I think this is the first time I've recommended Peavey in my life.

The whole reliability thing has become a bandwagon. The first run of Bugeras did have some reliability issues, but over the past couple years all of the bugs and whatnot have been worked out. You have nothing to worry about when buying a new Bugera.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

The whole reliability thing has become a bandwagon. The first run of Bugeras did have some reliability issues, but over the past couple years all of the bugs and whatnot have been worked out. You have nothing to worry about when buying a new Bugera.

Last I checked they still had plastic jacks and tons of moving components mounted to the PCBA. I think I would have quite a bit to worry about personally.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Quote by Even Bigger D
Last I checked they still had plastic jacks and tons of moving components mounted to the PCBA. I think I would have quite a bit to worry about personally.

That doesn't mean that they are unreliable amps.
Used Peavey XXX
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Quote by i_am_metalhead
That doesn't mean that they are unreliable amps.

Yeah, it does. Plastic jacks inevitably break. And having components mounted on the PCBA that are then run through the chassis means that their solder is being continually flexed. It will likewise eventually crack, and you'll get all sorts of pops and dropouts and weird temperature sensitive electrical gremlins.

I have nothing personal against Bugera. But they way they're building their amps is just not how reliable amps are built. Since the OP says he will be gigging his amp, I don't think my standards are at all unreasonable.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

There're actually a concerted effort by many losers who sign up in forums and give bad reviews to all behringer and bugera products, without ever using or owning them.

It seems there's an unwritten rule among the guitarists community to rubbish anything to do with behringer/bugera even if it means telling lies and giving fake reviews to discredit the company and it's products.

I've noticed and counted quite a few reviews that are outright lies because i have some of the products and some of the descriptions do not match.

Someone's got way too much time signing up forums/review sites to rubbish a product/brand.